my big bore banshee build

well i got sick of looking at the clearance for the pipes so i cut em out a lil.i know it has weakend the mounts so i was thinking of reinforcing the bottom of the mount some how lol.here have a look.
exaustflange001.jpg

that will work fine, not going to hurt anything. might not have been needed though, if there is a spacer involved.

i dont think theres a spacer involved.the bottom of the jug was machined so maybe it is set up for a stock stroke crank.im thinking about pulling my top case off my banshee just too see then ill be 100% sure of what ill need.but sence i wont be getting the bottom case half till after the new year im a lil skeptic about pulling my engine appart lol

i dont think theres a spacer involved.the bottom of the jug was machined so maybe it is set up for a stock stroke crank.im thinking about pulling my top case off my banshee just too see then ill be 100% sure of what ill need.but sence i wont be getting the bottom case half till after the new year im a lil skeptic about pulling my engine appart lol

yeah i hear that..but if you have some free time, why not

Depending on what the porting is setup for there's not a reason why you can't run a huge bore on stock stroke except that most want to run maximum stroke possible to maximize power output if they're dropping the coin on Superior sleeve BBK, they're going to drop the coin on the 10+mm stroker crank and cases for that...

That short throw on that setup would let them turn like 14,000 rpm. The limiting factor would be the ability of the transfers to scavenge such a large combustion chamber, not piston speed LOL.

have you ever looked closely at the port layout on a DM?

wow we are waaayyyyy off topic. sorry antec

the results are in.take a look for yourselves.although im a lil pissed because im out $150 for a case i didnt need,the top case fit the bottom like a f*cking glove.stupid bhq and thier retarded members!!
bigborebanshee001.jpg

bigborebanshee002.jpg

bigborebanshee003.jpg

bigborebanshee005.jpg

only thing i can see is the top of the piston at bdc so we now have a stock stroke Big Bore superior sleeve banshee lol

about the thickness of a piece of paper.should i double base gasket it maybe?
i mean its a tad out but not by much,this setup came with 2 base gaskets

Is it really the thickness of a sheet of paper or maybe a little more? A +4mil stroker crank would certainly lower that piston.... IF there's clearance in the head for it.

about the thickness of a piece of paper.should i double base gasket it maybe?
i mean its a tad out but not by much,this setup came with 2 base gaskets

i would throw the other one in and see what it looks like. might be better off having a custom/thicker gasket cut for it, they are not real expensive. after you get the other base gasket in and torqued down, throw the head on and check the squish.

yeah it might be for a 4mm and have a negative deck height... there are alot of variables here not knowing exactly how they set it up. thats why i say to check the squish..it will help us get an idea of what is where and whats up with it.

ok i just put the other base gasket on and now the ports are fully open.i cant get the deck height till tomorrow some time.i dont have a feeler gauge but i think my boss has one.heres some pics anyways
deckhight004.jpg

deckhight003.jpg