my big bore banshee build

that seller must not have a clue what he actually had. also must be a liar saying it was just at superior and it is set for stock stroke. i would make sure what you have before you order a crank.

The cylinders came with the matching bored top case correct?
There shouldn't be any fitment issues! Is that the top case made for them in the pic cause I can't see how it was ran that way.

Myself I kind of doubt this topend was intended for just a 4mil crank. 99% of people who do banshee motors never go with only a 4 mill with pistons that are 77mm. My guess is that top end is missing a large spacer plate intended for a much larger than a 4mm setup. I sure hope you didnt get stuck with an incomplete motor setup that will cost way to much to get a custom plate made along with maybe some other missing pieces. I as well seen that auction on ebay and couldnt understand such a large piston with a small stroke. Personally i wouldnt own a 4mil motor with such large pistons, its not practical. Even before you posted the motor mount interferance i was suspect of piston to stroke size.

yup thats the top case that came with the jug.it fits like a glove except the heighth issue.we know he was wrong about the piston size.i emailed him and prolly wont get an answer till after the holidays
@mmajay, i hear ya,i do hope i can figure this thing out and hope it doesnt kill my wallet

if you have a set of calipers and measure from deck to bottom of exhaust port and deck to top of exhaust port im sure a banshee guru could tell you what stroke crank it is setup for.

I kind of agree with tater, he did not know what he had or what he sold and possibly never ran it. Superior Sleeve might be more help than the seller, especially if he sold it as 85mm pistons to start with. If you cant figure out WTF this guy sold you or done ask for your money back before you invest any money in a crank or any other parts. Its baffles me why the lower half of that motor wasnt included as well??

he sold the lower half with the trasnmission and crank.so i contacted the buyer and already bought the case off him.i should see if the crank is a stock one that he has

good ol iron bore(cheaper to hone) it needs a clean up bore but nothing major
sleeves002.jpg

yup just finding the pistons that big is the problem lol.
damn tempted to pull my running engine appart to see if the stock stroke matches the cylinder,but that means no riding banshee for awhile
i borrowed my bro's caliper and the actual size of the piston is 75.5mm damn it

well i got sick of looking at the clearance for the pipes so i cut em out a lil.i know it has weakend the mounts so i was thinking of reinforcing the bottom of the mount some how lol.here have a look.
exaustflange001.jpg