My beast vs. ltz400

89custom

May 27, 2008
GTA, Ontario
So this may seem like one of those OH CAN I BEAT HIM? but im acualy going to race him. my friends got his stock z400 and he talks so much trash lol. its funny. i have this feeling im going to smoke him. like just blow him away. we already put 50 into it, but i dont know when im racin him lol. but for sure, when it comes time, its 100 for the winner.

What you guys think will happen? im convinced im going to smoke him, but maybe im just thinking outa perportion. then again, its just a 400 4 stroke stock.

ive got 50 bucks towards me winning, and he hesitated on puttin 50 up so he knows hes trucked lol. i was like flat out 50 bam not hesitant. maybe even by the time we race, ill have a port job by my local shop. he does top notch work and they had a couple kids with blasters racing there so they've done engine blaster specific work before.

hes the guy that has the race sled that dod 174.5 mph then they upped the bottle and ripped the track in half and crashed. there building one right now, 4 cylinder, 1600cc 2 stroke full nos system all custom. its sick.

for some reason, today was the first day i saw the engine in the sleeper. jesus christ this thing is awsome. its a mach-z with a 4 cylinder fully custom engine. its 2 800 engines with a custom crank, custom head designed by bondi himself then specs sent out for machining it and a custom case. its so sick. its so well put into this tiny as sled, you'd never expect this 350+ hp engines in this little sleeper sled. he does good sh*t. this is were im doin my co op through school, its sick. i wish i was in next semester though, cuz id be working on more quads and bikes then sleds.

i can say from owning a z that you will have your hands full brother mine with just an exhaust and a jet kit would stomp a ported 240 blaster blaster over the course of a 1/4 mile so be prepared he has alot more topend then you man im sure it will be very close because his is stock. im a die hard drag racer and from my stand point the tourque of the 4 stroke will catch you , but you will take him off the line due to your snappy power. i do hope you put the woooooooooooppppppin on him for talkin smack. as far as power goes if your 240 is tuned right the numbers should be the same cuz a stock z makes aroun 28-30 hp and a decent 240 tuned correct will make around 32 or so, but he will defenitly get you on tourque, so race safe and be carful 4 stroke riders cheat

and another thing, hes a HUGE puss haha. hes my friend but we always rip on him for having baby balls. he wont hit jumps, he wont even attempt to bycle it, like its nothing. he can barely wheelie, and im so much better than him on the clutch and throttle when it comes to dragging. i think ill rip him just because hes not that great. but it will be close eh. o well. ill put 50 bucks on it being a close battle :)

just be careful and keep the race confined to a short run. the longer the run, the more room he has to catch back up with you after you get the jump. 100-200 yards will be a good legnth that will give you the short advantage.

just be careful and keep the race confined to a short run. the longer the run, the more room he has to catch back up with you after you get the jump. 100-200 yards will be a good legnth that will give you the short advantage.

thats good advise :),also practice your starts and shift points

i think 200 yards equals 600ft!:) i think you can take him get some decent port work and u will have his ass. i have the same set up as you and i can tell you a z 400 cant touch me. maybe topped out mine will hit about 65 not sure about the z. and the launch is very important. dont bog it keep it revvvvved to the max and barely slip the clutch and dont burn it up.a good launch is usually with the front wheels off the ground the first 50-60 feet. and stay on the tank never letting off the throttle.

i think 200 yards equals 600ft!:) i think you can take him get some decent port work and u will have his ass. i have the same set up as you and i can tell you a z 400 cant touch me. maybe topped out mine will hit about 65 not sure about the z. and the launch is very important. dont bog it keep it revvvvved to the max and barely slip the clutch and dont burn it up.a good launch is usually with the front wheels off the ground the first 50-60 feet. and stay on the tank never letting off the throttle.

you wont "have his ass" with some decent portwork, you stand a chance of beating him depending on the port job you have

Z400/KFX400
here is a linc... 28 hp stock. i have the same mods on my blaster as 89custom with a mikuni34mm carb and the port work isnt anything to brag about. i have raced a few 4hunneys and there aint a chance for them. so whatever

Man all I gotta say is good luck!! If you are really better then hi with the clutch and hes a pussy then yea you'll smoke him....but if he has been gettin better behind ur back with the clutch and shifting then its gonna be close After my aggressive dune/trail port job from flotek next march i'm gonna be racing my friends 05 crf250 stock......he doesn't want to race now cause supposedly its too cold but It gives me time to get some more mods cause right now I don't think i'm gonna win....Over the rest of the winter im gonna be hopefully getting 14/38 gearing.....30mm size carb.....the port job from flotek and some 20" maxxis razr's.....im not 100percent sure on all of it yet though.

Z400/KFX400
here is a linc... 28 hp stock. i have the same mods on my blaster as 89custom with a mikuni34mm carb and the port work isnt anything to brag about. i have raced a few 4hunneys and there aint a chance for them. so whatever

hows a good port job nothing to brag about? everyones always like OMG THIS PORT WORK WOKE THIS THING UP SO MUCH!!! im sure if its good, it'll help quite abit, especially the vitos 240 cylinder. also with some head work.

^^ lol... no i thought what she ment by "nothing to brag about" meaning its the best thing ever...

i know what she means, its just i dont get why it doesnt do anything for her blasty.

thats not nelson by any chance is it? whats he/you running on that yamzuki? ported by anyone?

well i would. and im going to. but first of all, busy as f*ck with school so hard to get some time to rip, but second, there 2 hours north of me, so id go for a weekend or so to rip and we'd go at it. but its geting cold as hell and pretty much im going to have to wait till spring whic his tiny balls.

yea its the yamasaki and the looks of the port work arent anything fancy. i did it myself and yes i do have experience. the bike runs great and i am very satisfied with it. so people talk sh*t about porting your own cylinders but i have no problem with it. for the record

well if you do it right and kinda know how to do it, it'll help. but if you send it to a person like flotek or kennedy power they do it all the time so they know all the tricks and how to get the most out of it.