My 1st Blaster

Got my Front fender, Air scoops, Air box, Rear brake reservoir today. Also order Aluminum Road Domed frame plugs off BlasterFun484.

Photo of the parts this week.
DSCN3480_zpsa2q5mf0w.jpg

Water blaster the trailer and paint it and got a Warrant of fitness on it.
DSCN3479_zpswrd97qs8.jpg

DSCN3477_zpsuzqbzthf.jpg

Going to can engine oil on weekend and hope to go out for a blast on the blaster. :)

Still waiting on parts to turn up:
A-Arm skids
Frame skid plate
Swing arm skid plate
Grab bar
Air filter
Front bumper
TORS delete kit

Rear fender
Quick release flag/whip mount
Wheel lug nuts
Fuel tank cover
Frame plugs

On the hunt for frame guards. Any one know of any or make there own?

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasterFun484
Got out on the blaster today. Nice sunny day but bit of a wind.

At the car park ready to unload.
DSC02821_zpso33cmtuu.jpg

Blaster saying untie me so I can let rip on this ground.
DSC02814_zpspdbfzbyx.jpg

One of the areas I was riding.
IMG_0099_zps5m8qbjv4.jpg

IMG_0096_zpszs97ebib.jpg

Sideways action.
IMG_0085_zpsc1ym1noj.jpg

Getting ready to blast down the beach.
IMG_0084_zpsqlmjup53.jpg

Packed up ready to go home. Just as the horse people turn up.
DSC02820_zpsm9iay5kq.jpg

Editing the video now.

Reactions: MURPH
Video of today. Bloody camera lens kept on fogging up on the inside of the outer case. Any ideas why this is happening? Will have another video soon off the handheld camera my granddad was using.

Reactions: 82cutty and MURPH
Try leaving your camera outside of the case, and the case open outside while you get ready. If the camera and case are the same as the ambient temp., they shouldn't fog up. If you can fit it in there, a silica gel packet might help, also.
If this doesn't work for you, maybe some anti fog spray made for divers masks.

How awesome is that...the whole beach to yourself . Beautiful place to ride

Yeah was mint. Only seen the dude on the red 3 wheeler and a teen on a little motox bike. Has a couple of people sitting at top of beach in sand dunes.

blasDa. I will try that and see how it goes.

Couldn't help myself had to get out on the blaster again today. :) Went to a different spot down the beach and rode all the way to the end of the beach. Not sure if there is tracks up in the trees at the end of beach I didn't look.

20151229_165146_zpsqb94wwdw.jpg

20151229_165205_zpsfhfujuby.jpg

20151229_165359_zpsotmecyzs.jpg

20151229_165442_zpsokltbzdw.jpg

Also went up a dried up rive bed that looks like a 4x4 track. Wen up to the railway line and main highway bridges.
20151229_182450_zps2f6xkvlx.jpg

This is a cool photo.
20151229_165223_zpsne9zi7lz.jpg

Anyway I whipped out for the every first time on a bike today. :) No broken bones or cuts but got wet and I mean I was a drowned rat head to toe. Also the blaster is fine. Also just about run over another rabbit today if only I was going a little bit faster I would have had a nice dinner.

Dude on a Grizzly 700 quad had a chat to me and we both raced round on beach and tracks. Was cool fun. Going to have to get my mate to get his quad out of the shed to go with me.

Not to sure if there is any wooded track round there. was my 1st time down that area. There may be some as there is some big bits of land covered in trees on google maps round there.

Some maps of the tracks I did.

This was a 4x4 track and was way to bumpy and had big holes in it. Not going there again
1st%20Blasster%20Ride%2029%20Dec%202015_zpsmgp1nqm7.jpg

All the way to the end of the beach.
2nd%20Blasster%20Ride%2029%20Dec%202015_zpsdt9j09wi.jpg

Going back down the beach to my car
3rd%20Blasster%20Ride%2029%20Dec%202015_zpsngncrrzm.jpg

Is a wooded track on this one that I went on and just about hit a rabbit.
4th%20Blasster%20Ride%2029%20Dec%202015_zpsmauugdaj.jpg

Going up a dried out river bed. Was couple of tracks up this.
5th%20Blasster%20Ride%2029%20Dec%202015_zps0hpthlrg.jpg

Reactions: jus_me
More parts come today. :)

DSCN3481_zps5dvl2bau.jpg

Also video of the forest track with rabbit running out in front of me. 2.13 mins is the slow mo of rabbit.

Found a person in a 6 wheeler.

Spent most of the day in the shed working on the blaster.

Removed the switch/wires off the handle bars for the park brake and front brakes. Removed the key and oil light.
Removed all the plastics and cleaned a little and checked that the gussets fit in the frame before I get them laser cut.

I also started installing some of my new parts to make sure they all fit and don't have to modify them.

Picked up my bracket for speed sensor last night. Just need to thread the hole and will be powder coated when I get frame done.
DSCN3484_zpsyfkk7hco.jpg

Skid plate test fit.
DSCN3503_zpseiflsok3.jpg

A arm skid plates test fit.
DSCN3505_zpspxgda9ks.jpg

DSCN3504_zpsq7hfrpsa.jpg

Bumper test fit.
DSCN3501_zpshdvwk0qh.jpg

Grab bar test fit.
DSCN3500_zps9sxdnppw.jpg

Nerf bar test fit.
DSCN3494_zps4gtz2jgq.jpg

My 1st fitment problem. Nerf bars normally mount with a U shape bolt around the frame but the skid plate mount is in the way. Going to make a flat plate to go on the top that mounts to the holes in the nerf bars and get a longer bolt for the skid plate to mount it all together.
DSCN3499_zpsbzjtcuos.jpg

Still waiting on my swing arm skid plate, fuel cap, park brake bock off plate, Aluminum Quick Turn Release ATV Whip Flag Holder, tors eliminator kit, DG Alloy Front Frame Guard, Rear Fender.

Going to install case saver tomorrow.

Reactions: blasDa
Didn't like how far the grab bar stuck out.
DSCN3512_zpsh6yxv3ek.jpg

So I moved the mounting holes.
DSCN3507_zpsxyqfptnl.jpg

Cut the ends off. Total of 60mm removed.
DSCN3514_zpsaxdmiosq.jpg

Finished.
DSCN3510_zpscupgtxm7.jpg

Also test fitted the CFM Performance air box. One word FAIL. There mounting system sucks if you can call it a mount system and the rubber boot just throw that away.

Got Good news and bad news.

Good news 1st. I got my fuel cap and park brake block off today. Also test fitted the scoops.
DSCN3524_zps2tyainai.jpg

DSCN3525_zpsdz8vobap.jpg

The bad news. Found out my swing arm is cracked and looks like last owner did a repair on it.
DSCN3526_zps2raw3sx3.jpg

DSCN3528_zpscwhq1s6q.jpg

Also found out that the bracket for the coil is broken.
DSCN3529_zpsjnqa3zvl.jpg

Also got to make better mounting system for the air box and get another boot to fit stock carb.
DSCN3515_zpsftdtcn1g.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsfsxamrmb.jpg

DSCN3517_zpsukzr9vuj.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsfsxamrmb.jpg

DSCN3519_zpsyujjugvh.jpg

Also what do you do with this as there is no tube on the CFM box for it.
DSCN3523_zpsgj8w2suz.jpg

Got Good news and bad news.

Good news 1st. I got my fuel cap and park brake block off today. Also test fitted the scoops.
DSCN3524_zps2tyainai.jpg

DSCN3525_zpsdz8vobap.jpg

The bad news. Found out my swing arm is cracked and looks like last owner did a repair on it.
DSCN3526_zps2raw3sx3.jpg

DSCN3528_zpscwhq1s6q.jpg

Also found out that the bracket for the coil is broken.
DSCN3529_zpsjnqa3zvl.jpg

Also got to make better mounting system for the air box and get another boot to fit stock carb.
DSCN3515_zpsftdtcn1g.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsfsxamrmb.jpg

DSCN3517_zpsukzr9vuj.jpg

DSCN3518_zpsfsxamrmb.jpg

DSCN3519_zpsyujjugvh.jpg

Also what do you do with this as there is no tube on the CFM box for it.
DSCN3523_zpsgj8w2suz.jpg
That's just a plug for the drain hole. It's not required on the CFM box. That's what the hike is for.

Got bored so stripped the blaster last night. I love how they did the top a arm ball joint with the bolt you remove and the ball joint shaft lefts out. Not like the bottom pain in the ass ball joint.

Have a can of paint left over from a job I did about a year ago.
DSCN3532_zpsolstfwde.jpg

DSCN3531_zpsoz6w4wpm.jpg

DSCN3530_zpsthllo21o.jpg

Going to put my new black carbon fenders on tomorrow night and see what it looks like. I will end up getting the frame media blaster and powdered later on.

I think it looks mint and will look cool with black carbon fenders and alloy parts on it.

Reactions: jus_me
I just recently got the same front tires you have. How are they holding up ?

I also believe a Banshee carb boot mounts up perfectly to the cfm air box and the Blaster carb.