My 1st Blaster

She's beautiful! It appears we have the same sickness...lol. I wish I had access to the fabrication equipment you have, and some guidance on using it... Amazing!

Thanks dude. Has been a fun build and learned a lot of new things. Off into the shed today to adjust the front end and get some gas for it.

Got the front-end sorted today. :confused: Just need to adjust chain and get some gas on the way home from work tomorrow.

DSCN5004.JPG

DSCN5005.JPG

DSCN5006.JPG

Got the chain adjusted tonight, Fuel mixed and put it into the tank ready for tomorrow. I turned the fuel tap to get some fuel into the carb to make sure there was no leaks from the overflows and was all good till I seen the fuel tap on the tank was dripping. One of the parts on the bike I didn't upgrade to do anything to failed. Didn't leak before I stripped the bike.

Think its the rubber o-ring that is stuffed.
20170728_174529.jpg

Will see if I can get parts for it in the morning. If I cannot the bike will not be going this weekend.

/\ that happened to me 2 once.
I replaced the smiley looking seal butttt
i really think it was the plate that says on/off that was bent.
When i took it off i immediately saw that it was not stratight
I flattened it with a hammer.
Replaced smiley although the old 1 looked perfect
and dealership told me it was a recall because of summin they
started putting in the gas:)

Reactions: Markblaster
Looks like I will have to order the parts as I was not able to get them and the o-ring I got was to tight. :(

smiley looking seal butttt, hehe

Ordered a rebuild kit for it from USA and ordered a new complete petcock in NZ that says its for a Yamaha YFS200 but the ON and RES are in different locations so I will see it it fits. If not I will have to wait to the rebuild kit gets here.

Ordered a rebuild kit for it from USA and ordered a new complete petcock in NZ that says its for a Yamaha YFS200 but the ON and RES are in different locations so I will see it it fits. If not I will have to wait to the rebuild kit gets here.

Be careful if it's a Chinese petcock.. I used to race pocket bikes and the cheap petcocks were notorious for leaking.

Just a heads up. Don't buy a cheap petcock that says its for a blaster yfs200. 2 reasons. 1st the fuel res and fuel on tubes are on different sides. 2nd the tab don't have the 0-ring in them and the smile butt face is different as it has 4 smaller holes.

Looks like the shipping company has last my rebuild kit for the OEM petcock also as it is not here yet and tracking has stopped updating. Has been 2.3 weeks no updates. Looks like I have to order another one from another shop. grrrrr PISSSSSED OFF. :mad:

Bike has been under a blanket for the last month as I haven't wanted to deal with it.

Re-ordered the seals from another place. Should have them in 2 or 3 days. Hope to have it running this weekend.

Good news. Got my seals from Yamaha. Will install them and get the fuel tap back on the bike after work tomorrow ready for the weekend.

20170831_194140.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BanzaiBlaster