Mx track in middleboro!

Braapbraap95

Aug 10, 2008
Massachusetts
I guess if you go past koa campground in middleboro, a quarter mile down the road there is a dirtroad. Ride the dirtroad and Supposedly there is some power lines, follow the powerlines until you see a feild, there (again, supposedly) is an upkept, track. I:I

Talking about the Motocross track in middleboro??

capewayrovers.com said:
Capeway Rovers began in 1934 in Bourne, Massachusetts and moved to Middleboro in 1951. The track is the oldest motocross track on the East coast. The original track was located behind Chase Chevrolet however that land was taken over by eminent domain.

The Capeway Rovers Motorcycle Club purchased the current 60 acre lot, situated amid the cranberry bogs for scrambles/TT purposes but now only hosts motocross events. Every hot New England rider has tasted the dirt here at Middleboro. New England legends like Dick Bettencourt, Jo Jo Keller, Jim Meenan, Jimmie Ellis, Doug Henry, John Dowd, Pat Barton and Keith Johnson have all put in countless laps at Middleboro. Over 800 motocross races have been held here.

A bit of motocross trivia .... Although Southwick's Bernie Yelin has the credit for being the first to employ the use of a backward falling gate, old timers claim that Bob Roy (father of the ex-factory KTM pilot Dwight Roy) built Middleboro's gate years before Bernie's. It seems every great invention centers around some form of controversy!

I've been there a few times to watch friends race. I duno if you can just hop on the track whenever you want...

Hey, I race at capeway all the time! Its a good track, but the turns always get rutted out after the 450s have there turn. If you want to find a REAL track in Massachusetts, then I recomend Southwick!I:I