Moved the rear plastic back 2"

99LRDblaster

Jan 25, 2011
Delphos/Columbus, Ohio
Yea, yea, yea....it's only 2" but it does look better than before and will help keep more crap off me. Biggest plus is the added 2 inches of room.....it already feels WAAAAY better in seat feel through turns. It isn't completely finished yet, but this is more or less how it looks.
101_7138.jpg

101_7139.jpg

101_7140.jpg

101_7141.jpg

101_7142.jpg

101_7143.jpg

101_7144.jpg

101_7145.jpg

101_7146.jpg

101_7147.jpg

how do you get it to stay there?
and what about the intake boot?

or wait i see.stupid is stupid does lol
but still what about the intake boot?

Last edited:
how do you get it to stay there?
and what about the intake boot?

Well it already stays there pretty fine as is since i grooved out the subframe plastic mount and it is sticking out to the side of the airbox there. I'm working on that though. I am putting rubber grommets in the seat holes, probably devising a long piece of material and them screwing it down through the exposed subframe mount. I still have the side plastic mounts....I simply beat them back with a hammer.

The intake boot is something I will think up...no biggie....probably exhaust pipe and a coupler of some sort....no biggie.

i love it im tryin to make mine look similar to that except yellow and black.
not to be mean im not diggin the yellow stator cover tho

i like leaving my plastics off, unless it was raining or muddy out, since they are cut it only takes a minute to take them off.. moving it back looks good though.

i like leaving my plastics off, unless it was raining or muddy out, since they are cut it only takes a minute to take them off.. moving it back looks good though.

I did that once on a banshee I rebuilt. Decided not to do it again after I chucked a rock up in 3rd gear off my shoulder and it hit me in the head....damn near made me crash. But hey to each their own. I:I

The intake boot is something I will think up...no biggie....probably exhaust pipe and a coupler of some sort....no biggie.

Looks good bro, nice job.

I did mine too but did the 3" mod, removed the tool box, and left the rear original seat slotted mount to fit a nice piece of aluminum in there to take up the space left, behind the seat. Definitely so much better with the added room in the seat, first thing ya notice. Second is the look, this balances the short look blaster so much nicer, especially with an extended swinger, as mine is 4 1/2" longer than stock now.

As far as the intake boot, I still run a stock airbox so I cut the intake boot back a bit, used a plumbing silicone reducer(1 1/2" to 1 3/4") from carb inlet and fitted a 1 1/2" piece of PVC in between, with new metal hose clamps on both ends, worked perfectly.

Definitely a kick A$$ mod for every blaster out there, highly recommended...

Last edited:
I did that once on a banshee I rebuilt. Decided not to do it again after I chucked a rock up in 3rd gear off my shoulder and it hit me in the head....damn near made me crash. But hey to each their own. I:I

:eek: damn... i guess it'll take me a rock in the head also for me to learn my lesson :p

To SHOW you guys what I did for the air intake, it goes like such.
As said I used a plumbing silicone reducer, from the good ol' ace hardware. I think it was 1 1/2" to 1 3/4, then used 1 3/4 PVC in between. My carb is essentially stock, at least on the outside(but bored/rifled 30mm, etc) so this goes for stock setups. I cut the air run from the box back a little to get rid of the smaller end, and the rubber mount tab with the hole to clean it up, hose clamps to secure it all, etc, check it out.

Works great!!!! (and cost maybe 5$ to do)

5329-imag0099.jpg

5328-imag0098.jpg

5327-97.jpg

Rear fender 3" relocate with +4.5" swinger, NIIIICE!!!!!

5325-94.jpg