Motor swap!!!! Ninja ex500

i was thinking about it, but i don't know how to weld aluminum, i think im just going to use the stock tank so it will make changing spark plugs a breeze, i wont have to take anything apart

Thats gonna be sweet when it gets done. But i think its a good idea to do how you want, and leave the gas tank where it is. Dont do what Yamaha did on their sleds. You have to take the dash, seat, and i think fuel tank off to change plugs.

how so?, you have a fuell tube that feeds both carbs from one side, and idle adjustment that does both at once, whichis the dangling knob, and then you have your sync screw which is inbetween the carbs attached to the trottle plates making sure they are syncronized

well i hooked up the wiring to see where everything is going tobe placed, and i also ligned up the motor since i got the carbs in so i have plenty of space, for air filters and hook up the exhaust, i threw, my new turftamers on the quad and it looks more agressive now, like a race qua, but i mainly went with 18' for acceleration, cause i dont want my quad to do 125 mph and have no bottom end

thasnks guys, as long as i havent overlooked anything, it will be running in approx a month, but i will be tearing it all back down, to paint the frame and clean it up

i love how you say you went with 18s because you dont want it to go 125 mph with no bottom end, of course its gonna have acceleration its a damn streetbike motor, you could have put 32's on it! lmao!

ok, but if you have ever riden any street bike, they are geared so first gear goes like 25 mph
yeah i understand that, but i mean its a street bike motor its gonna haul some serious weiner no matter what gear lol :))

when you gonna have new pics for us??