Motor keeps bogging and dying.

Boostwhipped

Jun 11, 2017
Hey guys I have a 2000 blaster I with a newly built engine. It has good compression and ran great for about 10 hours then all of a sudden it was hard to start and ran like crap. Now it starts and runs but only if I keep giving it gas and once I try riding it no power and wants to die. I took it to a mechanic and he said he fixed it and said the only problem was it needed tuned but once I got it back sat for weeks due to rain and one the first day of riding it still wouldn't run right maybe even worse. So I got screwed because now he wont help me anymore. I'm thinking it might be a carb problem I've already cleaned the carb twice and still using the same size jets anyone have any other ideas what could cause it to keep bogging down and want to die?

things to check ..... float height, airscrew around 1.5 turns out ? Tors delete, bad reeds, flywheel woodruff key, good spark, bad coil wire/plug boot, compression test.
most of those have threads on here with a search

I just adjusted the float height today because it was coming out the over flow but still runs bad maybe even worse now. Tors has been deleted and reeds are good. Spark I hooked up my spark plug tester and it shows good spark. Compression is about 110psi. Leak down test will hold 6psi for over an hour. I have not checked coil or flywheel yet

Today I checked the spark and it had good spark I also checked the air screw and it was only half turn out so I adjusted it to 1.5-1.75 and it ran better but still boggish and I noticed when it dies the motor kinda jurks not sure if that's something or the motor is just dying out

I could be wrong but compression sounds low mine runs almost 180 pds compression maby check specs or sombody else may no prob Awk he prwtty smart

Hey guys so I tried a few new things smaller jets, new coil and new cdi and still will not start any other ideas?

How did you determine smaller jet?

Is TORS disabled? If not, do so. Three wire plug under hood. You can do complete elimination later (little carb work, new cable)

New plug? Good spark? Hot Blue or lazy yellow?