More low/mid power

Fast6hand

Oct 10, 2013
West Palm Beach
I have a LRD pipe. It has awesome high end power. What mods could I do to get more low/mid power? Advance timing? Reed spacer? Thanks.

That LRD pipe is a top end pipe, advancing timing will help down low, but you may want to think about a different pipe, my LRD is also an animal up top but little sluggish down low, but with my engine mods it has enough grunt to pull through it

That LRD pipe is a top end pipe, advancing timing will help down low, but you may want to think about a different pipe, my LRD is also an animal up top but little sluggish down low, but with my engine mods it has enough grunt to pull through it
Yea I agree. I was trying to retain the LRD pipe for its top end, and see if there was anyway to help the lower end/mid power without changing the pipe.

You will not gain any power by fitting a spacer, or advancing the timing.

What will happen is that the power you have will come on at lower revs.

Extra power can be obtained by using a pre mix with more oil in it, but the ass Dyno will not feel it as it is very small.

The choice of pipe is usually what determines where the powerband operates.

Why do you need more low power?

If you need more power to the wheels at low speed, you may consider altering the sprocket ratios.

Last edited:
You will not gain any power by fitting a spacer, or advancing the timing.

What will happen is that the power you have will come on at lower revs.

Extra power can be obtained by using a pre mix with more oil in it, but the ass Dyno will not feel it as it is very small.

The choice of pipe is usually what determines where the powerband operates.

Why do you need more low power?

If you need more power to the wheels at low speed, you may consider altering the sprocket ratios.
Maybe I was wording it incorrectly. But I feel you got it. I don't necessarily want "more" power, but want it to come on sooner without having to change the pipe. What be a good gear ratio, without riding wheelies all day? And premix, I'm running 32:1. What's the next ratio 20-24:1? I would have to rejet.

25:1

porting will give you more low end power, but also more everywhere

LRD will not give you low at all. DMC and you will be on 2 tires all day

Changing the front sprocket to 12 will give you more get up and go.

Bear in mind, you have to change both sprockets and chain.

You are ok with the stock carb, it favours low/mid!

Changing the front sprocket to 12 will give you more get up and go.

Bear in mind, you have to change both sprockets and chain.

You are ok with the stock carb, it favours low/mid!
Changing gearing would be good if I didn't just get a new chain and sprockets two months ago. If I changed my premix ratio do I need to go up on the main? As far as pipes what are good low/mid pipes. If I changed pipes do you really lose that much top end? I mean I'm hardly in 5th and 6th gear.

If you changed from 32:1 to 25:1 you need one size larger main, the change is hardly worth it as the extra power is minute.

You may need to reset the idle!

If you change to a DMC you will loose some top end, but with the power at the lower end of the range the gears may compensate.

If you changed from 32:1 to 25:1 you need one size larger main, the change is hardly worth it as the extra power is minute.

You may need to reset the idle!

If you change to a DMC you will loose some top end, but with the power at the lower end of the range the gears may compensate.
Your talking about stock gear ratio right?

Wait!! Blaster has 6 gears? J/K. Stock I never really see much of 5th. Only hit 6th when plug chopping.
Could possibly find someone with a DMC that wants top end and possibly trade pipes.

Also Adding a tooth to the Rear Sprocket would add some low to mid too.

Can someone give me a dyno chart of a Blaster engine with timing added on the stock head? I've never seen any evidence that more timing helps out with bottom end power. In fact, I've always seen the opposite to be true from the car realm.