Moose Racing EZ3 Clutch Lever Assembly!

79 bronco

Moderator & Self Custom Psycho
Staff member
Apr 9, 2010
I don"t know???????
I got my Moose Racing clutch assembly today. When i get it on and give it a try i will give a review it!
104_8811.JPG
104_8813.JPG
104_8814.JPG
104_8816.JPG
104_8819.JPG
104_8820.JPG

The clutch perch has minor casting flaws, i can see casting swirls in the aluminum!
The clutch lever had a aluminum lump in the top hole where the clutch cable goes. I had to remove it!
The four star adjuster nut had aluminum casting lumps on all four sides that i had to sand down!
The adjuster bolt had sharp edges down the slot where the cable goes that i had to file down!

I expect better than this with a name brand!!!!

They claim 50% less effort to pull this clutch lever??? I think its closet to 35% to 40%!

The choice of three positions is a wast!
The pivoting cable adjuster works clunky!
Just give me one positions with the easiest pull, and a solid cable adjuster!

I got the standard length lever, and it only long enough for 3 fingers!!!!!!:eek: I HATE to see how short there shorty lever is!!!:confused:

Reactions: Herpderplol
The one i got is JUNK!!! :mad:

What looked like casting flaws is cracks!
When i pull in the clutch i can see the crack open!:mad:

I never got to ride with this thing!

104_8841.JPG
104_8836.JPG
104_8842.JPG

that sucks doug !

moose racing is 0 for 2 with us.
remember that was a moose racing carb bowl nut, listed for my 34mm PJ carb, that lacked the required holes for fuel to get to my main jet, and fried my 20-ish hour KOR top end.
Moose needs to stick to utility quad parts !.......if at all.

that sucks doug !

moose racing is 0 for 2 with us.
remember that was a moose racing carb bowl nut, listed for my 34mm PJ carb, that lacked the required holes for fuel to get to my main jet, and fried my 20-ish hour KOR top end.
Moose needs to stick to utility quad parts !.......if at all.

Crap you right!! I forgot about the nut!!!

I got my Moose EZ3 today also. I'm not impressed either. The pull reduction felt minimal, and as Doug said....that cable adjuster is "clunky" at best. The adjuster actually is just rubbing up against my hand guard mounts....that was where I started getting disgusted. The adjuster nut has visible casting seam around it.( A+ Chinese quality control!). I didn't look over everything else well yet. I'll get a few pics of my setup tomorrow. What sucks is, I was really excited about this Ez pull lever, and now Im just feeling blahhhh about it.

It seems as if they scavage the Moose sh*t piles deep in the forest, mold those turds up, bake at 350° for 20 minutes , then package and sell to people like Bronco and myself!

nice doug, magnum has been making some good stuff lately.

snapped this pic today for comparison, got this used on ebay years ago, guy had it listed as an MSR ?
only 1 slot for cable, the perch splits top to bottom at the bars like the MSR pictured above
IMG_20160518_192741367.jpg

Reactions: 79 bronco
Welp, I broke a tab on my msr, my own fault and it's still usable but I just bit the bullet and ordered the pro tapper clutch lever and perch.
image.jpeg