moose intake stretch limit??

the moose intake feels more forgiving to stretching than the hard stocker, looking for others that have tried

stretching it is your only option since the only aftermarket options are for 34/35/35mm carbs
I've seen guys squeeze 35's into the stock boot, but they eventually crack which could cause a meltdown if not caught in time
I'd use a better clamp than the stock one, and keep a close eye on it

cool man thx. ill try fitting a socket same diameter of a 32mm and how i feel. this stock size moose intake allows my stock 26mm carb to go in alot easier than the oem did and seems more rubber type material

Reactions: Awk08
would i see much gain boring out the stock 26mm?? i have trenga 200cc cyl from way back stage 2 porting boost ports fmf fatty

You'd see some increase. If you mostly trail ride that'd( thatdt) be a good compromise (compricomp) Probably be cheaper than a new carb.

Guess it would also depend on the porting.

FIXED :D

Last edited:
it runs strong with a 330 main in stock carb which i feel i a big main so it likes lots of fuel with the porting. also this trenga head has a cr250 style intake wish i had a pic

Sounds about right.
I'm stock cylinder ported, 3 mil, Vito's reeds & Fat Bastard pipe and IIRC run a 330.

I hate this tablet. Always doing something weird.
Have to fix last post. Looks like a 3yr old did it :eek:

Reactions: Awk08