Mikuni VM26 Idle Screw & Spring

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
much better setup than the locknut style included in the TORS delete kits
allows finger adjustment without tools, and never comes loose to fall out on the trails

https://www.ebay.com/itm/191539860297?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

idle.jpg

Attachments

• cpw.jpg
    cpw.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 1,829
Reactions: lucknuts
Reactions: Awk08
I know there are two types of vm26 mikuni carbs there is a 606 and 8074 carb number witch one is preferred they have different stock jets and needles

http://www.mikunipower.com/VM01.htm

neither of them have the jetting required for a blaster, possibly including the slide ?
you'd be buying just the body and using all your existing stock internals in it for it to work.

neither of them have the jetting required for a blaster, possibly including the slide ?
you'd be buying just the body and using all your existing stock internals in it for it to work.
I know but the slide needle is different
the needle jet is different on the other one

Last edited:
Anyone here know a good replacement carb for the stock one, the big bulky tors mechanism on top of my carb is giving me idle adjustment issues and I don’t trust my self to drill and tap my existing one for a idle screw. Any suggestions?

I would recommend you keep your carb.
These cheap aftermarket carbs don't work.
Is there someone around you that can help if you don't think tou can tackle this yourself?
It's not very difficult

Reactions: Theblueblaster
I’m gonna ask around and I was gonna get a kit from vitos that came with a stock carb and throttle cable but I most likely won’t now. I’m gonna try and adjust idle with the big flat head screw and if that doesn’t work I’ll get the tap kit

I would recommend you keep your carb.
These cheap aftermarket carbs don't work.
Is there someone around you that can help if you don't think tou can tackle this yourself?
It's not very difficult
I can probably do it my self I’m just afraid of missing metal shavings and causing damage