Mikuni carb has a 100 main jet and stock is 230?

Jul 13, 2020
I picked up a blaster 200 that has really good compression and fired up for $500, and the owner bought a Mikuni carb and it has a full fmf( fmf fatty, powercore 2 silencer I believe) and I took the float bowl off and the main jet is a 100, I’m not sure if it’s because it’s not an oem carb but it’s a mikuni carb so would the jet sizes be different? And if I need a 260-300 would I be able to put those jets into this carb?
I will post pictures as soon as I’m home.
Thankyou

I picked up a blaster 200 that has really good compression and fired up for $500, and the owner bought a Mikuni carb and it has a full fmf( fmf fatty, powercore 2 silencer I believe) and I took the float bowl off and the main jet is a 100, I’m not sure if it’s because it’s not an oem carb but it’s a mikuni carb so would the jet sizes be different? And if I need a 260-300 would I be able to put those jets into this carb?
I will post pictures as soon as I’m home.
Thankyou
Check the pilot# 32.5 is stock. Needle should be 5j22
Needle jet. P-6
Another member recently had the same small jet numbers. All the internal parts were wrong for a blaster. They were way lean.

Thankyou, my pilot is a 43, the needle is a 5GN38 and I don’t know how to get my needle jet out lmao. But I think it’s the completely wrong carb since the guy said he bought a throttle cable and it fit the bike but not the carb so he thought he got the wrong throttle cable but I think it was the wrong carb.i would post pics but it keeps saying that the file is too large lmao.

Thankyou, my pilot is a 43, the needle is a 5GN38 and I don’t know how to get my needle jet out lmao. But I think it’s the completely wrong carb since the guy said he bought a throttle cable and it fit the bike but not the carb so he thought he got the wrong throttle cable but I think it was the wrong carb.i would post pics but it keeps saying that the file is too large lmao.
Have to resize the pics.
Picture's from cell phones are to big.
Just get one of the free app's

Here you go

Attachments

• F6CA264F-ED23-4806-B43C-460C8FE02C3C.jpeg
    F6CA264F-ED23-4806-B43C-460C8FE02C3C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 210
Do you think I can use that carb with the proper jets? Or Order a new one?
You know the needle is wrong. I'm pretty sure the needle jet is an n- something or o- something. Which is too lean.
Cutaway on slide is probably wrong.there should be a number on it.
You are not the first thinking of going down this path. Have not heard success stories.
Better to source out a used oem carb

Appreciate the help, I’ve found some part outs near me that I might be able to get an oem carb, thanks for the help
You still may have to change main jet on oem carb. Depending on exhaust and other mods. But thats pretty much it.
And of course make sure it's clean:D