Mikuni 26-606

Not yet still waiting on my kennoconner motor to get back once it arrives I'll be testing.
Wonder what he would say if he knew you were putting that lean carb on his motor. He could probably recommend a carb for you. To complement how he built your motor.(recommended) imo. He built the whole motor?

Not yet still waiting on my kennoconner motor to get back once it arrives I'll be testing.
Wonder what he would say if he knew you were putting that lean carb on his motor. He could probably recommend a carb for you. To complement how he built your motor.(recommended) imo. He built the whole motor?

I’m hoping it’s not a knock off Chinese carb. I attempted to order from Dennis Kirk, but it was out of stock. Found a guy on eBay and kinda rolled the dice.

I soaked the carb during disassembly and rebuild for 2 days. Scrubbed everything, as well as possible. I actually replaced the float as well, with oem parts. I guess I could pull it one last time, to check it’s adjusted correctly... I thought there were tabs, that could be bent to set the height- but it’s been a while since I’ve had apart. Any tips for this?

I’m hoping it’s not a knock off Chinese carb. I attempted to order from Dennis Kirk, but it was out of stock. Found a guy on eBay and kinda rolled the dice.

I soaked the carb during disassembly and rebuild for 2 days. Scrubbed everything, as well as possible. I actually replaced the float as well, with oem parts. I guess I could pull it one last time, to check it’s adjusted correctly... I thought there were tabs, that could be bent to set the height- but it’s been a while since I’ve had apart. Any tips for this?

Reply didn’t quote for some reason...

Clean the stock carb really good.did you disassemble it and clean all orfices with compresed air .float height set right? The. Chinese replacement 26mm carbs have the wrong slide, needle jet,needle, jetting,ect. Question where is your air screw set at ? 1.5 turns out from lightly seated is a good starting point. I would try that on oem carb

Clean the stock carb really good.did you disassemble it and clean all orfices with compresed air .float height set right? The. Chinese replacement 26mm carbs have the wrong slide, needle jet,needle, jetting,ect. Question where is your air screw set at ? 1.5 turns out from lightly seated is a good starting point. I would try that on oem carb

Attachments

• 7E1CD161-DAFB-4808-9F11-5FCC4018F284.jpeg
    7E1CD161-DAFB-4808-9F11-5FCC4018F284.jpeg
    799.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 6EDC9DFE-00BB-4805-92F5-CEE639CED497.jpeg
    6EDC9DFE-00BB-4805-92F5-CEE639CED497.jpeg
    393.9 KB · Views: 175
This is what is in your oem carb .compare to list in other carb. Nothing matches. Jetsrus may have all the parts. But at what cost?
20200429_071351_copy_780x1040.jpg

It appears that carb is for a smaller engine. The whole thing is setup leaner

Believe me I know its something we have talked about Im going to give it a try like i sad everything that is spec out in the oem carb is in this new carb know except it has diff needle jet. Should i do main plug chop first than the needle, then the pilot

Believe me I know its something we have talked about Im going to give it a try like i sad everything that is spec out in the oem carb is in this new carb know except it has diff needle jet. Should i do main plug chop first than the needle, then the pilot
Does your oem carb have a broken housing? Or corroded to death? Just trying to figure why you are going to torture yourself with that carb? Does jetsrus have a p6 needle jet. Because that o-0 is alot leaner. Lean is mean! But to lean is an engine killer.Have to set float hight first.if that is not right it affects all jetting. Look up carb tuning on here. Plug chops are ussualy last.to check main jetting. But with that lean needle you might want to chop at half throttle.you will probably be lean there

Does your oem carb have a broken housing? Or corroded to death? Just trying to figure why you are going to torture yourself with that carb? Does jetsrus have a p6 needle jet. Because that o-0 is alot leaner. Lean is mean! But to lean is an engine killer.Have to set float hight first.if that is not right it affects all jetting. Look up carb tuning on here. Plug chops are ussualy last.to check main jetting. But with that lean needle you might want to chop at half throttle.you will probably be lean there

It was so corroded it had screws rounded off that hold the float bowl on few were broken off the top of the carb was cross threaded that holds the throttle valve. The blaster was in really bad shape before I started redo her