Mikuni 26-606

Snogasm

May 17, 2020
North Liberty, IA
I figure I post this and see what everyone thinks. I ended up purchasing a new carb my old stock oem was in pretty bad shape. I acquired a Yamaha blaster, over the last couple of years I've been working on it. She was in bad shape i took her down to bare frame and started all over. I will post another day and pics of what ive been working on its been fun project. The new carb a got came with 190 main jets, 22.5 pilot, needle jet O-0, jet needle 5E75, throttle valve 1.5. I was going to run stock jetting in her from my old carb but the needle jet is different and throttle valve.

I'd return that and look for a good used stock carb.
nothing in that new carb will work for our blasters, and will be a journey to find the right parts to make it work
:(

I figure I post this and see what everyone thinks. I ended up purchasing a new carb my old stock oem was in pretty bad shape. I acquired a Yamaha blaster, over the last couple of years I've been working on it. She was in bad shape i took her down to bare frame and started all over. I will post another day and pics of what ive been working on its been fun project. The new carb a got came with 190 main jets, 22.5 pilot, needle jet O-0, jet needle 5E75, throttle valve 1.5. I was going to run stock jetting in her from my old carb but the needle jet is different and throttle valve.
X2 what awk said.that carb is setup for a hole other application. Or it's not even the same carb?if all internal pieces won't swap over?

Can someone tell me what the difference in the two needle jets O-0 and the P-6(345). I know that the P-6 will not work in the new carb
O-0 is leaner. Than the p-6. Is it shorter than the p-6? I think they had a long and short version? The short version has a main jet extender?

photo_su003_334_176_O_8.jpg
photo_su003_735_332_O_0.jpg

Will Im getting some answers sudco got back to me this is what they emailed me. The 0-0 is the size. Between 0-0 and P-6 there are many sizes. O-2, O-4, O-5, O-6, O-8, P-0, P-2, P-4, P-5 and finally P-6. The O-0 hole down the middle is 2.600mm and the P-6 is 2.780, so if O-0 and P-6 were both the same series a P-6 would be quite a bit richer. The 345 has more bleed holes than the 332 series that comes in the VM26-606, so those extra bleed holes will make the 345 run leaner if the same size but not enough to equal the bore size difference.
You would have to go with a richer jet needle to compensate for the leaner O-0 needle jet. So Im getting somewhere.

Reactions: Slydog
Will Im getting some answers sudco got back to me this is what they emailed me. The 0-0 is the size. Between 0-0 and P-6 there are many sizes. O-2, O-4, O-5, O-6, O-8, P-0, P-2, P-4, P-5 and finally P-6. The O-0 hole down the middle is 2.600mm and the P-6 is 2.780, so if O-0 and P-6 were both the same series a P-6 would be quite a bit richer. The 345 has more bleed holes than the 332 series that comes in the VM26-606, so those extra bleed holes will make the 345 run leaner if the same size but not enough to equal the bore size difference.
You would have to go with a richer jet needle to compensate for the leaner O-0 needle jet. So Im getting somewhere.
Put a q6 in there .only kidding that would be realy rich. Is the stock slide from the blaster carb going to work. The 1.5 you mentioned in the new carb is wrong.the stock one is 2.0 i believe.? Keep us updated

Wish I had read this first, as I just ordered the same damn carb... Does anyone have a lead on a decent oem carb or have knowledge of a direct replacement?

Wish I had read this first, as I just ordered the same damn carb... Does anyone have a lead on a decent oem carb or have knowledge of a direct replacement?

Its going to be a lot of R&D on your part to see what will work. Ive already committed on this carb. You should be able to get the VM26-606 running at least as good or better as the stock carburetors but just taking the time to getting it tuned right. theres the other option is to use the VM26-8074 there are more optional tuning components from what i found out. so far everything from my old carb internals is in the new vm26-606. im starting out with the needle jet that came with it. I also ordered 5L1 jet needle to go with a richer jet needle to compensate for the leaner O-0 needle jet to try.

My issue had been I’d could only get idling at basically half choke.

Leak down down test, found an issue at the intake and exhaust gasket. Corrected and still the same. Rebuilt the oem carb, but assuming it’s something I’m missing... just hoping a flat out replacement might be the way to go. Super frustrating, hoping this will work with only minor tweaks (jet and adjust).

Its going to be a lot of R&D on your part to see what will work. Ive already committed on this carb. You should be able to get the VM26-606 running at least as good or better as the stock carburetors but just taking the time to getting it tuned right. theres the other option is to use the VM26-8074 there are more optional tuning components from what i found out. so far everything from my old carb internals is in the new vm26-606. im starting out with the needle jet that came with it. I also ordered 5L1 jet needle to go with a richer jet needle to compensate for the leaner O-0 needle jet to try.

You couldn't get the p-6?

My issue had been I’d could only get idling at basically half choke.

Leak down down test, found an issue at the intake and exhaust gasket. Corrected and still the same. Rebuilt the oem carb, but assuming it’s something I’m missing... just hoping a flat out replacement might be the way to go. Super frustrating, hoping this will work with only minor tweaks (jet and adjust).
Clean the stock carb really good.did you disassemble it and clean all orfices with compresed air .float height set right? The. Chinese replacement 26mm carbs have the wrong slide, needle jet,needle, jetting,ect. Question where is your air screw set at ? 1.5 turns out from lightly seated is a good starting point. I would try that on oem carb