reagor

May 23, 2012
nj
www.google.com
so some kid want to trade me a 76 rd400(with title) for my 95 rm125

MskRR.jpg

whatcha guys think

the owner said "it runs but needs carbs,"

it's a 2 stroke so rule of thumb is check compression and do a leak down test on the cylinders. the rest is up to you.

it's a 2 stroke so rule of thumb is check compression and do a leak down test on the cylinders. the rest is up to you.

ima do a compression check but its a 2cyl, im assuming you do each cyl differantly for a leakdown test?

its a street bike anything differant about optimum compression or 120lbs=good?

rd powered blaster/banshee anybody?

I say do it. You guys are just busting yourselves up on the dirt bikes anyways. Would love to have a nice vintage bike project myself. especially one that aint a harley.

well, i'm not up to par with rd's or banshee's so i have no idea what a good psi reading would be. i imagine that it will take a good leak down tester with double fittings and exhaust block-offs. no idea what psi to pump the motor too either. it's 7psi max on a blaster, but could be different for that.

i'd do it, that rd would make a good project

i'd do it, that rd would make a good project

thats what im thinkin

if i get bored and it runs i canget like 1500 for it, buta 400cc 2stroke on the street has gotta be fun, when that pipe kicks in

its also reverse pattern shift, one up and the rest down

looks like they was making it into a bobber i would go for it if its worth it to you. as much as a blaster/ banshee would be wicked with that motor id continue to finish it as a bobber so you turn heads driving down the road on a 2 stroke bobber

if you do get it, get with member carnz on here, he's the rz/rd guru, and even has an rz fuel injection project going on

i believe they were goin for cafe racer, im gettin more pics

ill matte black cafe that mofo

i think it has an oil injection block off as well

I like it! Id love to have a vintage RD bobber or cafe racer project. Id do the trade if, like others said, the engine checks out.

id say pull the trigger. i have been trying to find one around here in half decent shape to cafe. strip it down to bare bones and street legal. no better feeling when carving down nice turns with a cafe. ton up!