Marine 2 cycle oil

Really bad idea. At best, the engine will run hotter than normal. At worst, you'll fry the top end. Use the proper oil. AMSOIL is a good bet, as is Maxima, Bel-Ray, and many others.

Marine oil is formulated for and tested in....you guessed it! Low-RPM, water-cooled marine engines and low-RPM 2-stroke lawnmowers. A boat motor will never get as hot as even a water-cooled dirt bike 2-stroke engine during normal operation. The heat generated in a dirt bike's engine will cook the marine oil, burning it onto the piston and causing your rings to stick and cylinder to scuff.

Keep the marine oil in your boat and PWC's.

why dont you just get the right stuff. nobody is going to say you cant but its just not for that application it says so right on the bottle.

Im not going to say you can't, but I will say don't.

Its horses for courses, you can use 4 stroke engine oil, but it is not going to do the same job as an oil designed for air cooled motorcycles.

Give your motor a treat and use the correct oil.:)

if that is all u have then run it. i have been using walmart super tech marine 2 stroke oil in my blaster for the last year and its still running strong. i cant remember if that year is power valve or not but if it is it the cheaper oils will gum up the power valve

Marine 2 stroke oil is designed to run in motors that have controlled temperature.

Air cooled motorcycle motors run a lot hotter and with varing temperatures, and demand an oil designed for them.

Using Marine 2 stroke oil, will not give the Blaster the protection it deserves.

I wouldn't suggest running it as the others have said, it is formulated for water cooled motors with lower temps and lower rpms as well. If you check around, you should be able to pick up some Kawa-Chem oil pretty reasonably, the price where I get it actually is slightly cheaper than if I were to buy the little Supertech mix bottles from Walmart. I've been running it in my blaster for 4-5 years now and haven't had any trouble with it.

If your stranded in the woods use it.... heck use 30 weight lol

I wouldn't use it personally. Reason being is marine oil is known as TC-W3, which stands for Two Cycle- Water Cooled 3rd revision. As mentioned before this oil is made to use at lower temperatures that water cooled engines see- not higher ones like your blaster engine. Will it work? Probably. Will it give good performance? I doubt it.

Also just FYI, this oil rating has nothing to do with the RPM of the engine, it has more to do with the temperature. The same oil that I run in my yamaha outboard I troll with 90% of the time, I also run in my jet ski which is WOT 99% of the time, both run great.

Also, weed-Eaters and Chainsaws have another type of oil themselves, just regular ol two-stroke oil. I suppose you could run TC-W3, as its not as crucial with these, but air-cooled oil is cheaper than water cooled mix.

But i have to ask why? I have a jet ski and a thing of oil to make 5 gallons is 3.99 at napa, and the oil for my blaster is 4.99, when your paying $4+ a gallon for fuel is it really worth that extra dollar for the cheaper oil?