Manifold.

Dalton46

Feb 8, 2019
Can I use a stock intake manifold woth a 30-32mm carb? I am gonna buy a 30 or 32 mm carb and don't wanna spend 80 dollars on a intake manifold If I don't have too. Any info will be appreciated thanks

Reactions: Awk08
Can I use a stock intake manifold woth a 30-32mm carb? I am gonna buy a 30 or 32 mm carb and don't wanna spend 80 dollars on a intake manifold If I don't have too. Any info will be appreciated thanks

the only aftermarket intakes I know of are for 33-36mm carbs, which will be too big for a 30mm
I had a Mikuni 30mm that I took on a trade, the outside diameter of it must be damn close to the stock 26mm, as it fit in the 26mm boot for my Pro Design intake , so it will work with the stock intake with maybe a tiny bit of stretching required.
but I've seen guys heat and stretch the stock intake to fit 34+ carbs into , they almost all eventually tore, but that 30mm should have no problems in the stock intake

IMG_20161224_222803270.jpg

Ok what about 32mm? Cuz I'm eventually gonna rebuild the motor woth a bore kit and that's another question. What brands do you guys recommend and what size bore should i go to?

Ok what about 32mm? Cuz I'm eventually gonna rebuild the motor woth a bore kit and that's another question. What brands do you guys recommend and what size bore should i go to?

like I said, I've seen guys heat or boil the stock intake to fit 35/36mm carbs, It seems they fall into a category of body sizes 26-30 ... 32 ? then 33 - 36mm using the same body, just different inside bore ?
32 is the unknown for me, but a little heat or dremel will have it fitting the stock intake, just keep an eye on it for carcking and now the sound of hanging revs and your engine running lean, and check the intake first.

are you talking a 240 big bore kit, or just boring your cylinder to fit a new piston ?
240's .... Vitos from Kenoconnorracing.com or an Airsal
or have your stock cylinder bored, ported and head mod for 1/2 that price at Kenoconnorracing.com, and whoop up on unported vitos 240's

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Ok Well what kind of 30mm carb should i get. I see a bunch of carbs just not sure on what brands are good and bad