Magnum Crank review

Thomas

Aug 27, 2014
Ay guys I'm looking for a good crank for my rebuild and i was wondering if anyone has ever used a Magnum crank and if not what would be the best ~Tom

best is a rebuilt stock crank, JAP > CHI-wanese !
I get mine done @ kenoconnorracing.com

I was actually looking at the +4mm stroker it comes with the main bearings I've got everything set up for the stroker case wise I'm also getting a 240 cylinder for it here in about a week but what's the power difference between the +4 and the+3 I've heard its a noticeable difference

I've also heard they're more reliable that's my main concern between the two of them and also what's the best intake boot to use with this set up also how good is a high output stator from rmstator

Most likely the only difference you will feel between the +4 and the +3 is is the xtra hit in the wallet. Imo,, you would only need a +4 if you were drag racing. Im not saying it isnt good for other riding im just saying the xtra $ could be saved and spent else where.

Perhaps maybe a rebuilt stock crank with a long rod ??

I'm just looking at getting everything I can outta my Blasty and I can get a new +4 cheap I got a guy who's got one that hasn't been used yet

I would still order a +3. with a 4 you will need to trench the cases

better yet get porting and a head mod with a good pipe/carb set up

Alright well the cases I have are already trenched they're thinner than both of the other blasters cases that I've rebuilt so far and back to the high output stator what would be the best one I could get cause I'm running 2 offroad lights on it now if I unplug one the one that's plugged in still lights everything up like Christmas but when they're both plugged in they're both dull so I need a good high output stator what would you fellas suggest

And as for my set up right now I've got a .60 overbore vforce4 reeds a keihin carb I don't know the jet size cause I've drilled the jet out I'm running 22" interco swap lites with a 14t front sprocket and stock rear I've also got a bigger ignition coil and a Toomey B1 header with a straight pipe bolted to it and I've removed the entire airbox and boot I took a radiator hose strapped it on to the carb and ran it all the way to the back box

Attachments

• KIMG0097.JPG
    KIMG0097.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 276
And I added a higher intake filter now I actually had to drill out my jet in my carb due to this actually being more air flow

Attachments

• KIMG0095.JPG
    KIMG0095.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 275
I won't use that air box again I kept getting water in my motor same with the pod filter I put this on and it runs even better than it did when I had the box or pod filter

I took mine out and drilled it using a size bigger drill bit and it works awesome with that hose set up its getting more airflow