Mad or glad. You judge

2_Smoked

Feb 10, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR
www.myspace.com
So, for my last couple weekends i have been a working dog out in my yard (new lawn and fence) so I have not been able to ride as much as I would like and was messing around in my front yard on the Blaster and I got my girl to finally ride it for the first time and she even started it. Keep in mind this is way out of her element lol. She putted around my front yard in 1st just a hair above killing it the whole time and she loved it. Well her mom and brother came over somewhere around that and they tried it out too for the first time, though her mom had ridden street bike but none of them had ever ridden an atv. So we decided we would go out and ride for a day. I did the valve lash on my lt230s the night before so it was starting better than it ever has but out of the 4 of us I'm the only one that can start it so I let everyone else ride the Blaster. My girl and her mom did fine but her brother would take off on it and he would go 1st, 2nd, 3rd.....racked out until out of earshot...I expected him to come walking back every time but the Blaster handled. I was so impressed, I could not wait to tell you guys how much abuse the bike went through and it still handled. It has been to the dunes and countless trips to the woods since my last top end. So, everyone is tired and wants to go home and I'm like "Ok then, I want to go for one "last ride"... I hop on 1st, 2nd 3rd bwaaa bog bog smoke smoke smoke. I manage to turn around and make it back in a cloud of smoke. No good. We load up and take it home. It will still start but it smoke like crazy. I pull the top end and the cylinder is scarred on both intake and exhaust sides and get this, I still have hone marks. I also noticed everything is real oiled up in there and my spark plug is more black than mocha. All and all im not even the slightest bit upset because now my girl wants me to trade or sell the lt for a Blaster I:I. She also wants me to have the top end done by this weekend so we can go ride :D pics soon

Begin sidewalk removal

l_27ed19ac1f624a0d886e987feaf0868d.jpg

Finished sidewalk removal
l_2ada3eca55dd4d1a814b5e3cb967889e.jpg

the Blaster killer lol

Hayley422.jpg

Me

Hayley457.jpg

Future LT80 owner I:I

Hayley463.jpg

sounds like the plug fouled off, Mine did that this weekend while I was in a creek, Lucky my GF's brother was on the 200s and pulled me home, threw a new plug in and fired right up and runs like a beast again. As far as taking a beating mine sees a lot of high RPM buzzing around through the woods and is ran pretty hard, and its still going strong.

ok so i put it back together new plug and its still smoking like crazy, I'm almost thinking that its my seal and im sucking in tranny fluid. I read somewhere i could get that seal out with a drywall screw but i'm thinking I should split the cases and do the bearings and seals all together. comments appreciated I:I

ok so i put it back together new plug and its still smoking like crazy, I'm almost thinking that its my seal and im sucking in tranny fluid. I read somewhere i could get that seal out with a drywall screw but i'm thinking I should split the cases and do the bearings and seals all together. comments appreciated I:I

do it all together....that way you wont have to tear into it again anytime soon.

looks like a 4 corner sieze. that usually happens from not warming the bike up. may hav happened previously and still ran. If its smoking like crazy there is a good chance the crank seal is leaking. you really should have done a leak down test before you pulled it apart.

Reactions: 2_Smoked
looks like a 4 corner sieze. that usually happens from not warming the bike up. may hav happened previously and still ran. If its smoking like crazy there is a good chance the crank seal is leaking. you really should have done a leak down test before you pulled it apart.

You know whats funny is I thought the same thing as I pulled the cylinder off. I have it back together now and will do in the morning. Thanks again Phragle. I had never heard of this four corner seize and could totally see myself being to impatient and this just proves that. I'm working on it though :D