Lost for words on this thing

A little late to this thread but holy plug gap. lol .032 is what you want on that machine. Box gap is fine but as always check them out of the box.

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd
A little late to this thread but holy plug gap. lol .032 is what you want on that machine. Box gap is fine but as always check them out of the box.
Yeah bro I don't know what happened with The Gap being so small like that. My buddy says it was pre detonation

So just out of curiosity, if my jetting is set up at at 320 Main and the air screw at one and three quarter turns for the weather being 30 to 40 degrees then what do you guys recommend for temperatures in the 50 and 60 degree range? For some reason it's been really nice out and the weather right now is in the high 50s to low 60s and I want to ride today

Maybe 1 main down.....bit that's a guess at best. You'd have to confirm it with a plug chop.

Think of the air screw like it's a woman. Today she wants more fuel cause it's cold, tomorrow she is bitching she's hot and wants less. Then after she is warmed up, and you though you knew what she wanted, you have to do something else to make her happy. Then the real tricky one. ....what worked on her yesterday isn't working today, so you adjust it again.

Kind of make sense? You always will be tweaking the airscrew to accommodate different conditions.

Plus that was fun comparing an airscrew to my wife!

Maybe 1 main down.....bit that's a guess at best. You'd have to confirm it with a plug chop.

Think of the air screw like it's a woman. Today she wants more fuel cause it's cold, tomorrow she is bitching she's hot and wants less. Then after she is warmed up, and you though you knew what she wanted, you have to do something else to make her happy. Then the real tricky one. ....what worked on her yesterday isn't working today, so you adjust it again.

Kind of make sense? You always will be tweaking the airscrew to accommodate different conditions.

Plus that was fun comparing an airscrew to my wife!
:D:D:D that' epic lmao. I went from a 320 to a 300 and turned in the air crew like an eighth turn. Turned out great

Reactions: Awk08
Might not apply to your now, but future reference to you and others, remove the pilot jet and emulsion tube ( main jet holder) and make sure the small holes are clear/open.

Never give up, especially on minor glitches.

Glad it's running better!!

:D:D:D that' epic lmao. I went from a 320 to a 300 and turned in the air crew like an eighth turn. Turned out great
Temperature, humidity and elevation affect the idle settings.

If the idle is set incorrectly the transition onto the needle circuit will be wrong....

I trust that you did a plug chop to confirm that 300 main jet...

Reactions: ProjectBlasturd