long travel A-arms

front view
015-3.jpg

Reactions: KentuckyMX
looks wicked, how wide is it compared to a banshee or a YFZ? Did u notice a huge difference with the long travel? I was thinking of leaving it at stock height but just wider...

front view
015-3.jpg

stroker, why do you have your camber set like that? I know I've seen it on other quads and maybe some off road racing trucks but I don't know the reason for the setup. Also, what exhaust system do you have? I looked back through your threads but didn't see anything on the exhaust.

Id be curious too, about the camber, seems that would be very hard on the ball joints. Not to mention steering would be wild. Or does it compress to o camber once you sit on it ?

Sporty

stroker, why do you have your camber set like that? I know I've seen it on other quads and maybe some off road racing trucks but I don't know the reason for the setup. Also, what exhaust system do you have? I looked back through your threads but didn't see anything on the exhaust.

I don't think stroker can adjust that. I'm almost certain it is like that due to the long travel a-arms and the shocks being slightly shorter that what is needed to make the wheels sit perfectly vertical. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.

Those arms 245 has looks to have threaded joints so it could be adjustable somewhat at least toe anyhow. However most streched fronts i've seen have that outward bend of the tires.

I adjusted the camber that way. The reason is that when you go into a corner the suspension will compress on the outside tire making the wheel almost straight up & down creating better traction in the corner. On the straight aways I don't need the whole tire surface contacting the ground. My a-arms are fully adjustable and I could go more or less but where its at now "feels" right for my riding style.
I run a dyno port high volume pipe

Just gotta pick up my mess when I'm done! Its nice having a clean, organized place to do projects. Makes things a little easier. Thanks for the compliment.