long island

No where. Without legal written permission from a PRIVATE land owner. Dont forget this is NY if its fun its illegal. And the cops will crash right into you they dont care after the sh*t that happened on the L.I.E.

Sounds like NY is a good place not to live.

I cant speak for the entire state but long island is not rider friendly at all. We have 2 legal tracks thats it and it cost 1200 annual plus rider fees per day to ride on them, i will pass. We have lots of woods but EVERYTHING is owned by the damn state. When i was 15 years younger the police were ok as long as you did nothing stupid but not anymore it like a game of catch,plain clothes cops acting hurt on side of trails just to get up and zip tie your clutch lever... If you do get caught on state land you get your bike impounded and a 250 fine and whatever other fines they feel like tacking on. Yea not cool.

Last edited:
My town is just like that but pa is cool about trail riding. You get caught in the trails around me and you have the whole station surrounding the area with there guns pointed at you no joke!

I'm in the appalachians of NC, 9000 acres of forest I can throw a rock at from my house and can't touch any of it with an atv :(. Actually more like 40,000 if you count the sc side too. All my older friends tell stories of riding in there before the state bought it from the power co. Can still take trucks at certain times though. The website even says you can have atvs at certain times but I've talked to the rangers and they said no way. I have to drive an hour to get to trails I can "legally" ride on, besides private property.

aw damn lol got my hopes up...

The way to ride here seems to be run and gun only. See what I did was register my quad and insure it that way I can ride it on my half acre land till 6pm legally the rest you gotta run and gun and eat the tickets.