Lockport And Homer Glenn

bk1978

Oct 28, 2008
There are some pretty nice trails in homer glen that go as far back to lemont and lock port passed the highway!!Lots of straight aways and some nice homemade jumps. This trail go's under the power lnes most of the way, have not seen any probs with cops except when you hit area with lots of people around. For the most part its a good ride when you dont feel like driving far. Its anywhere down 159th by bell road in lockport/homerglenn

is that the one that is by the canal that starts in the forest perseve? been there once on some 50cc bikes and damn i really wanna bring the blaster there let me look i think i got some pics of the place im talkin about

ATT3541034.jpg

ATT3545027.jpg

well where i went it was just a forest perserve so i just parked there and went in through the ropes then and rode until i found the trails i had pictures of, found a lot of weird sh*t back there tho, like an old international scout, and old tire iron and sh*t like that, some creepy woods with skinny trails too, but it was fun plan on goin back when its warm out, hope i dont get caughtI:I

If your on lemont rd. just south...i mean just south of bluff rd a few yards there is a ramp on the right which leads under the big bridge. Take that right down the ramp , do not go thru under the bridge rather stay straight. You will see a bicycle path and a nice dirt ROAD alongside the path . Drive down this dirt road about a mile or two . You will come to a bridge on right and you soon will not be on a smooth road anymore but still driveable another mile or so it opens up wide . There is nothing there but barges and trees on either side. Its a playground for atvs. I would park at this wide spot because it will soon become hard to drive on with a car or truck. Lots of people out there a couple weeks ago. Small quads and big. The road that im talking about will follow thru almost to 159th near refinerys nice jumps down near there. All this is between canal and powerlines. DNR drove thru there last time and everyone was freaking out. They turned around left without saying a word.

Last edited:
plainfield. Im hoping to go riding up there on saturday with my buddies but maybe not

Hey I live in Chicago give direcsions on how to get to that trail my folks live of route 6 and Gouger

Ive been back to this place, ya its illegal and no i wouldnt ride back there its like on the canal and the canal cops are dicks, ive ran into them before, but its called old lemont road you go right on old lemont road if your heading south on lemont road and take a right once you get into a part where its a gavel road to the right, go down and go under the high way and theres a trail that kinda curves, its pot hole galore, and theres mudding trails for trucks and over gown looking quad trails, didnt see anything that looked like itd be that fun on a quad, go check it out and see for your self tho, hoped the directions helped atleast