Lights make the quad bog down and die.

Scott Palmer

Nov 26, 2018
Hey guys I’m back putting My Quad back together right now and I noticed when I started it up and turn the lights on the quad would down and die the quad starts fine with the lights off but not with the lights on does anyone have this experience if so can you please help me

If you don’t have extra lights then you have a problem. Check ALL wires for lighting circuit for breaks, check grounds. Might be bad voltage regulator

So when I rode the quad and tried to turn the low on it didn’t go on and didn’t bog down the quad. However when I turned on the high the lights went on and the quad bogged down. Where do I go from here?

Led will NOT fix it. There’s more to led lighting than throwing a light on.
Think of your engine as a generator. Just like an emergency generator when you increase the electrical load it bogs down. Somewhere you have a short. Start at the stator and work your way out. Closely inspect EVERYTHING, unwrap harness.

I’ll bet it’s the voltage regulator.

So the light comes on for high beam but not low? If so probably just a bad bulb

Led will NOT fix it. There’s more to led lighting than throwing a light on.
Think of your engine as a generator. Just like an emergency generator when you increase the electrical load it bogs down. Somewhere you have a short. Start at the stator and work your way out. Closely inspect EVERYTHING, unwrap harness.

I’ll bet it’s the voltage regulator.

So the light comes on for high beam but not low? If so probably just a bad bulb
Ok I will try out but first checking everything first then see if it is the bulb