Led light bar

jamie duncan

Apr 6, 2015
Can you i wire a 6inch 36w light bar to the stock head light switch or would you need a whole new wiring harness please help

kinda of a tricky answer.

Yes you can wire a LED to the stock headlight switch after first doing a couple things. The problem with the bike is the stator produces AC current, or alternating current. Thats why when you rev up the engine, the headlight gets brighter. LED lights would need DC current to be used. Can LEDS run off AC, yes, but only certain LEDs from my research.

To convert your bike to DC current you need a couple things.
1. Regulator/rectifier HERE is the one I bought and works great.
2. small battery. I "stole" one out of a exit sign

After you have all of that, you need to float the ground off the lighting coil in the stator. Hook everything else up as normal and boom, LEDs on your blaster.

The stator will charge the small battery correct? Any specifics in regards to battery needed?

I floated the ground on stator and installed this $6 rectifier-regulator or ebay item 361693173758
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182250114120?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

This is a 18 watt LED 10-30V. I added a large capacitor to simulate a battery and to smooth out the flickering. You can see it will not light up at idle, needs 10 volts minimum. This is a blaster motor in a 01 YZ125 frame. I ordered a Ricky Stator 75Watt coil so I will see if it will run at idle. If not I will strap in a small Lithium Ion battery.

This my 01 YZ125 frame with Blaster 200 powerplant, KTM200 pipe and 99 CR250 muffler, 01 WR250 18 in rear wheel rock crawler.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 450
I was also thinking about that same question i also have a yamaha blaster 200cc 2002 and the stock light is really bad and i was thinking about adding on a 12” LED Light bar, but i don’t know if i need to add something else i need help!

Reactions: Awk08
I was also thinking about that same question i also have a yamaha blaster 200cc 2002 and the stock light is really bad and i was thinking about adding on a 12” LED Light bar, but i don’t know if i need to add something else i need help!

Did you ever figure it out?