LED headlight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i was going to do a whole thread on using l.e.d.s and how to know which wlone to use and what all the different styles mean and "color" aka brightness cool white warm white ect. Been waiting a few weeks now to gather all the materials and to warm up a bit, i am going to have some pics and have a cool bulb to show you guys. Best part is its only 3w per bulb, 12w per bulb max depending on style. But yes l.e.d. mr16 will fit wally world and i believe trail tech and stator will run it, i am gonna test also but a dimmable bulb should be able to run high and low beams due to high and low currents for swithing

Yes i was going to do a whole thread on using l.e.d.s and how to know which wlone to use and what all the different styles mean and "color" aka brightness cool white warm white ect. Been waiting a few weeks now to gather all the materials and to warm up a bit, i am going to have some pics and have a cool bulb to show you guys. Best part is its only 3w per bulb, 12w per bulb max depending on style. But yes l.e.d. mr16 will fit wally world and i believe trail tech and stator will run it, i am gonna test also but a dimmable bulb should be able to run high and low beams due to high and low currents for swithing

Im looking forward to see this thread, i would like to run some LED trail techs the right way I:I

Cool iv been excited bout making the thread for this reason, bumbed it was started before i covered it. Stay tuned than should be a week or so, stuck on these american star a arms right now.... Damn spindles wont bolt up with out hitting disc brake. Anyway. Btw, these l.e.d. diodes can produce way more light at almost no watts compared to these 55 watt halogen hogs, which get wayy to hot and not to mention bumping around on trails wack them out and mess up the philaments.

Im thinking about getting a pair of LED Lights, each light has 4 leds and take 20 Watts, Amp Draw 1.45, 1,568 raw lumens. :)
But i dont know a lot about LED lights yet! :confused:

I also dont know if i should get Flood lights or Spot lights?

Last edited:
One flood and one spot to fill in the centre of the beam!
The lights im looking at come in a pair.
The spot lights have a Beam Distance of 442.7 m, and a Spot Pattern of 10°
The Flood lights have a Beam Distance of 264.0 m, and a Spot Pattern of 20°
Im liking the flood!

If i want to spend a lot more $$$$$ i can get a Single light, Hybrid - Spot / Flood Combo.
Its a single light with 12 leds, the inside 4 leds are spot, and the outside leds are flood.

The floods seem a good choice, after all you are not going to be going that fast that you cannot stop within 200 metres or so.

Or are you?

Last edited:
There is no need for a battery unless you need the light when the motor is not running.

A LED will happily operate on the supply that the stator delivers, providing that it is rectified/regulated.
What can you use in this situation? A full wave bridge?....what phase? I was trying to figure this out