Leak down test advice plz

kyle Nelson

May 28, 2022
Ok so I can’t get my blaster to build any pressure at all nothing… I’ve sprayed this thing everywhere I mean I might have as well submerged the thing in some soapy water and I can’t find any bubbles at all I sprayed the leak down tester also it’s ok and I just used it on my other blaster it worked fine on that one. It’s crazy I dont know what to do now.

Sorry I haven’t been on here in while. Yeah it worked before it started smoking bad and started to have shifting problems and that’s why i started to work on it. Before that I never did anything to it but clean the carb up. But I have found the problem. The person before me somehow managed to patch it up with some jb weld or something and after a couple times me riding it obviously failed and all them chunks in the bottom are bits of jb weld and is why it wasn’t shifting correct.

Attachments

• E1441C63-06B9-4641-BD5F-CDE77CEC66AD.jpeg
    E1441C63-06B9-4641-BD5F-CDE77CEC66AD.jpeg
    250.9 KB · Views: 74
If you try to fix it again with JB here’s a few suggestions . Cleaning it with brake cleaner or acetone is a must !
Pull the crank. Use VERY coarse sand paper around hole on both sides. Use fiberglass cloth on both sides with JB in the hole in between. A sandwich of sorts. Use a smooth clean surface to lay the cloth on to work the JB into before applying it. Make sure you build it up enough so you can carefully file it down at the gasket surface.

If you get it welded you’ll have to do same at gasket area

Reactions: CycleTech
Yeah I’m definitely trying to have it welded. Shouldn’t be to bad I don’t think because I do actually have the junk that’s been knocked out. It’s a lil smaller then a quarter. Thank you for the advice I appreciate it.. That’s a good idea about the fiberglass cloth..

Reactions: CycleTech