lakota 300 carb isues

harley1-5

Jul 28, 2013
Elko County Nevada
ok so I got a Lakota for free tues its really clean.My issue is I cleaned the carb and it still has the same issue it sat for 6-8 years and some times it only runs with the choke on and some times it wont run for a few minutes then fires right up but when its running properly its very smooth shifts great rides good and it stops well. A friend and I think its the diaphragm in the carb.the diaphragm is $100 and the carb is $326.does any 1 think I can adapt another carb ? I have a large supply of random parts as I haul away old non running machines for free

Im sure you could use another carb, but what one exactly us the hard part. I have had great success with using didn't cheaper yet better carbs instead of expensive or non existing parts for the original. ( example a new toro snow blower carb for a 71 arctic cat kitty cat) i had the ream the mounting holes but i couldn't ask for anything better.. Since you have access to many other carbs I'm sure you can find one. maybe a old bike one from a kz400? I had found a cross reference chart a while back for machines that used the same carbs , but i can't find it again for the life of me. Maybe a klf ? I'm sure there's a few out there..

well I installed the bayou carb today and it works like a charm all I have left to do is mod the air intake hose to fit performs well and everything