Kx125 complete rebuild

I've been looking around at adjustable pegs.you get to aggressive they chew up your boots

I've been looking around at adjustable pegs.you get to aggressive they chew up your boots

Got a part back that's shiny and goes around really really fast. Got my Power valve governor bearings in too. Also waterpump rebuild kit. Already have crank bearings and seals.

Ok got off my as and got the bearings in the cases today. Probably get crank installed in the morning hopefully.
20200226_180020-3120x2340.jpg
20200226_180014-1040x780.jpg
cam almost smell the bean oil

Didn't have much time today so i just got crank installed.
20200227_180722-1040x780.jpg
fresh kor rebuilt crank with pro-× rod. Never ran pro-× before but people say they are good. Made at same plants that make oem parts for the big companies.looks like a nice rod. Got the piston which is supposed to be the same as the oem piston. Ken plated my cylinder to take a size (a) piston which is great.that is the smallest. They run a-d. Always ran forged pistons in everything from cars to bikes so im deviating a bit. Kinda product testing.i ride hard so we will see

Didn't have much time today so i just got crank installed. View attachment 34336 fresh kor rebuilt crank with pro-× rod. Never ran pro-× before but people say they are good. Made at same plants that make oem parts for the big companies.looks like a nice rod. Got the piston which is supposed to be the same as the oem piston. Ken plated my cylinder to take a size (a) piston which is great.that is the smallest. They run a-d. Always ran forged pistons in everything from cars to bikes so im deviating a bit. Kinda product testing.i ride hard so we will see
Ah, you liked the forged stuff too?
You like a bit of boosty-boost?

Well got a couple hours in today on engine assembly after work.
20200229_132218-780x1040.jpg
got transmission in with forks and shiftdrum

Well i got the water pump and the governor for the power valve rebuilt today.and installed cover
20200302_182309-780x1040.jpg
20200303_184722-780x1040.jpg
this sucker is almost ready to go back in the frame

Perhaps you can shine some light on this, but I never totally grasped the concept of the Power-Valve Governor?
My YZ250 didn't have one, but then again, that bike was a total mess when I bought it.

Some use vacuum others mechanical to open power valve at the right time. It’s the best of both worlds. Low exhaust port for better low end, high port for top end.
RD/RZ 350 uses an electric servo tied to the CDI. (Think Banshee powered street bike. Actually Banshee is an RZ engine with different gearing. Has cover for neutral switch and boss for speedo, and variable volume oil pump. Cable controlled by throttle.)