kx 60 carb on blaster

geewiz

Mar 12, 2011
I think the kx 60 carb is 28mm.Could i use the carb and boot on a blaster If I re jet it?Thanks

the boot i have is 36mm.I'm trying to save cash.Have two kx 60s both run but need a carb for blaster.

The carburetor on the KX60's I saw were mikuni 26mm carbs like what come factory on the blaster except no TORS box (just a standard carb cap).

While they'll probably work, they won't be an upgrade.

If you're looking for an upgrade, go with a KX85 or a YZ85 carb. Certain year models had the keihin PWK28 carb on them.

Re: kx 60 carbon blaster

Not looking for upgrade.Just want get it going again my son is driving me nuts.I'll probably have to rejet?

Probably, the KX60 is liquid cooled with a higher cranking compression ratio. Probably have to put a smaller jet in it than the factory KX60 jetting.

I would only plop a KX60 carb on the blaster if you can get one cheap....like free kinda cheap. Otherwise, make a posting in the wanted section of the forum for a stock carburetor. I'm sure someone has one laying around they'll let go of pretty cheap.

I have two kx 60 in the barn both run good.This swap is temperary till I can sell or trade my 36mm pwk. off to work later.