kodiak 400 question

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
i was wondering if there is a company that sells bigger valves for a 95 kodiak 400 im looking to get a lil more power out of it because out of all of the bikes i ride with its by far the slowest and doesent have a whole lot of power it has a 50over wiseco in it

i would love to buy a 700 but I don't have that Mutch money

i know, i was being silly.
but don't see putting that kinda $ into that kodiak either.
have you done any other mods yet ?
cam, pipe, filter, ignition box ?

Well I got the bike cheap enough I can put a lil into the motor and the topend is already apart to put rings in it but I bought the bike for 500 and it's in pretty good shape but I just wanna go faster and I'm getting a stretched swingarm for it for free

I have a Kodiak 400 and love it. Its a monster on the trails. its not for speed though. It should be able to keep up with the other utilities like foremans and such.

Motor is very simular to a Warrior, which limits power potential, unfortunately. I don't think the cost of larger valves justifies HP/$$$, plus porting to take advantage of it. Intake, exhaust, compression increase, maybe cam.

Just like a Warrior. Reliable as a rock, and just as fast.

Reactions: Jeff Bennett
we have a Kodiak 400[wifes ride]and are very pleased with it,and as I soon will have the head off for valve guide seals any power adder info will be appreciated by me as well

well it is slow i ride with rancher350 and formans and a bigbear 400 and they leave me in the dust but it climbes any hill iv tried to climb but it just doesent have any power

The link I posted offer clutch kits for your kodiak. That may help in acceleration and fun but not help overall speed. Not sure if there are gear changes in the gearbox you can do for more speed like on snowmobiles.

The link I posted offer clutch kits for your kodiak. That may help in acceleration and fun but not help overall speed. Not sure if there are gear changes in the gearbox you can do for more speed like on snowmobiles.
i dont think there is gear changes but i may be wrong