Kick start

Noxtol

Aug 15, 2018
So the kickstart on my 93 blaster is weird, first off it doesn’t want to spring back up much after kicking, it does spring back a little but not much, also, the kickstart keeps slamming into the clutch case as if it’s rotated to far clockwise on the splines, but whatever way I put it on the splines it always goes back to hitting the clutch case when at rest,

Is something installed wrong or could something be bad?

So the kickstart on my 93 blaster is weird, first off it doesn’t want to spring back up much after kicking, it does spring back a little but not much, also, the kickstart keeps slamming into the clutch case as if it’s rotated to far clockwise on the splines, but whatever way I put it on the splines it always goes back to hitting the clutch case when at rest,

Is something installed wrong or could something be bad?

I would hazard a guess your kicker spring might be a little "gacked."
upload_2019-11-6_12-33-18.png

There are two detents t that your spring needs to be in for it to work correctly, otherwise it will not come back properly or at all.
maxresdefault.jpg

This is a screenshot from a video I personally had to reference when I first worked on my friend's 2000 Blaster since his spring broke. You have a "square hole" below the shaft and the "round hole" which you can see the spring on. Make sure you start with the square hole and rotate the spring CLOCKWISE.

Reactions: Noxtol and Awk08