kick start jammed!

Adam OConnor

Sep 7, 2015
HI All,

New to the Blaster Forum.

I have just finished a complete overhaul on my 2005 Blaster. I have installed in a 1mm oversize piston, performance pipe etc..

I started the bike up for the first time and it took on the 3rd kick and ran for about 20 seconds before it died (forgot to open the choke) . I then completed the build and tried starting the bike again, on the second kick the kick start jammed and the wheels are locked up..... I don't think its the new piston as there was no loud/mechanical sounds. Even when the bike is in neutral the wheels are locked.

I spoke to a buddy of mine and he suggested that i drain the current oil and replace it, then try forcing the kick start down so it can loosen up or rocking the bike back and forth in gear????

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Reactions: bummer981
I spoke to a buddy of mine and he suggested that i drain the current oil and replace it, then try forcing the kick start down so it can loosen up

please refrain from taking your buddies advice, do not FORCE anything, or you'll be on here looking for parts you break !
time to pull the clutch cover to see whats going on in there with the kicker gear that engages the big clutch basket gear.
you can drain the trans oil, or jack/prop the bike up on it's side away from the clutch cover to remove it without draining/losing all the oil

complete and proper assembly of everything can be seen here.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kor-engine-assembly-vids-no-crank-puller-needed.51169/

HI All,

New to the Blaster Forum.

I have just finished a complete overhaul on my 2005 Blaster. I have installed in a 1mm oversize piston, performance pipe etc..

I started the bike up for the first time and it took on the 3rd kick and ran for about 20 seconds before it died (forgot to open the choke) . I then completed the build and tried starting the bike again, on the second kick the kick start jammed and the wheels are locked up..... I don't think its the new piston as there was no loud/mechanical sounds. Even when the bike is in neutral the wheels are locked.

I spoke to a buddy of mine and he suggested that i drain the current oil and replace it, then try forcing the kick start down so it can loosen up or rocking the bike back and forth in gear????

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
Little late, but I would recommend making sure the engine break isn’t on, and also make sure your caliper isn’t pressing the break pads in as ive had that problem before