kenda klaw 20x11 vs 18x10.5

jmerriman17

Sep 24, 2014
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy new rear tires and I can't decide between 18 or 20 inch. I don't have any suspension mods or an extended swingarm and I am worried about ground clearance with 18s. Any suggestions?

What terrain do you usually ride, if you need clearance go with the 20"

18" will give you more get up and go!

I run 20's and there 4 ply. 4 ply is a bit cheaper. I haven't had any problems. If you run hard terrain, stumps, rocks and so on 6 ply is the way to go.

unless your running strictly on a groomed mx track, save the 18's for your riding lawn mower.
the blaster has all the quickness it needs for in the trails, what it does need is a little more top end and ground clearance, 20's will give you both of them.
as mentioned, any rocks at all go with the 6 ply, really sucks to blow out the sidewall of a brand new 2/4 ply on the first ride.

I would get the 20s also if they fit. I like the 20s on this blaster better than the 18s on my other one.

but i have an extended swinger so they work good

I run 18s, like them, look great but i get STUCK alot, every root, log, big rock, body... Jk, but 20's all around better, when i ran my other rims with 20's i had no issues beside UGLY lol im a low profile lookin kinda gut, all cars hace low pros but u pay the price, damn potholes!!!!