kawasaki bayou thread

yzrider

Apr 12, 2009
northwest Indiana
anyone got a kawasaki bayou?? i got a 220, its got 23" mudders, and a cobra pipe, its a tank, hahaa, i'll get some pics some time, post some pick up if u have one

i had a 300 lakota, tanks for sure
i also have the maunual for these, lots of similarities, lemme know if you wanna DL it

Last edited:
i have a bayou 300 with mud tires not sure how big and hand warmers for winter riding. it is a tank but makes an awesome mud machine!!!

i'll get some pics sunday if i get the quads out, i plan on picking up a mojave, a lakota and a couple more bayous for cheap some day actually cause i love them, they are reliable and fun to screw around on, plus they are easy to ride and about impossible to break, so i can let my friends ride it when they are over

I've owned 5 Kawasaki Bayou's in my lifetime...I floated one down the creek (literally) like a boat and she kept right on going! Indestructible little suckers for sure. Only weak link was the damn drum brakes. lol

I've owned 5 Kawasaki Bayou's in my lifetime...I floated one down the creek (literally) like a boat and she kept right on going! Indestructible little suckers for sure. Only weak link was the damn drum brakes. lol

Get a Bayou 300/400 4x4. They had the same 2 piston calipers and cross drilled rotors that the prairie 700 4x4 had on it. My bayou would slide all 4 tires with the front brakes alone even with the 28" gators on it.

You actually had to be careful hitting the brakes too hard, I threw myself onto the front rack many a times by forgetting how little effort it took to stop.

1256955122.jpg

Get a Bayou 300/400 4x4. They had the same 2 piston calipers and cross drilled rotors that the prairie 700 4x4 had on it. My bayou would slide all 4 tires with the front brakes alone even with the 28" gators on it.

You actually had to be careful hitting the brakes too hard, I threw myself onto the front rack many a times by forgetting how little effort it took to stop.

i plan on gettin a 400 in the future now man, haha

this is a picture taken three years ago. my blaster looks nothing like this now but my bayou is the black quad in the very front and my blaster is the yellow one in the very back.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 485
I have a 1991 bayou 220. All stock with airbox lid removed unless going mudding. I have submerged it in a river, and had it die with the seat under water. Got her towed back to camp, pulled the plug and pulled the pull starter while she was tiled straight up until no more water came out the spark plug whole. Then, drained the carb, oil, and replaced the air filter. She cranked up after 2 turns after that and is still running like new today. That was 2 years ago by the way.

I have a 1991 bayou 220. All stock with airbox lid removed unless going mudding. I have submerged it in a river, and had it die with the seat under water. Got her towed back to camp, pulled the plug and pulled the pull starter while she was tiled straight up until no more water came out the spark plug whole. Then, drained the carb, oil, and replaced the air filter. She cranked up after 2 turns after that and is still running like new today. That was 2 years ago by the way.

did the same thing man, still runs perfect, haha