kawasaki bayou 300

mud runner

Jan 19, 2012
leabnon TN
one of my buddies has 2 bayou 300s he wants out of the way he said one of them doesent run and the other needs a valve jod he said i could have them FOR FREE and i was wondering if it would be worth my time to fix them up

hell for free go and get them. fix 'em or part 'em out. you'll be in the black either way. i hear they are good quads though when taken care of.

Are they 4x2 bayou's? If so, they have crappy drum brakes and single plane front suspension. AWESOME beater quads but not worth a ton of cash or terribly useful.

If they're 4x4's however, they have the same brakes as the prairie 700's (dual piston caliper front brakes that will practically do an endo), full time 4wd, a high/low output box on top of the 5 speed gearbox, and a practically bulletproof air/oil cooled 300cc kawasaki engine. The 4x4's are really tanks with seats on top....

well its the 2wd i was just gonna ride in the creek and the trail

They're great for creek and trail rides. They've got decent power (for a 300cc air/oil cooled 4 stroke) and a good gearbox under them. The front brakes are basically the same as the blaster front drum brakes, any mud or water and you'll be pulling them apart to regrease and adjust.

My buddy has one and that thing lives on the rev limiter through mudholes....takes it everywhere....its very impressive what he puts it through and the places it can go!!! I say go for it and beat the piss outta it....

I had one a long time ago. I believe it was shaft driven. I too put that bike through hell for a couple years and then sold it. Still ran like a champ. The only thing I ever did was change the oil!