Just built my new extended swing arm(PICs)

Hatchhonda19

Oct 19, 2008
only took me like 4-5 hours to build. and $25 in steel.im thinking about sand blasting it and repainting the hole thing. but i don't feel like waiting till my dads shop is open on Monday to sand blaster it so i may just paint it then cover it in mud..lol

i made it out of flat stock that i just boxed out with some more flat stock.
and i made shock mount for the 400ex shock i have on there.

DSC_0156-3.jpg

DSC_0166-2.jpg

DSC_0157-3.jpg

DSC_0158-3.jpg

DSC_0161-2.jpg

DSC_0164-2.jpg

Have you mounted it up yet? I noticed that you left the stock shock mount and extended it before the shock mount?

if you look at the last pic it has the new shock mount on it.. i made my new shock mount where the old one would have been. i made teh new mounting tabs for my 400ex shock.. the reason i left the old shock mount there is b.c im to lazy to cut it off..

Thanks ...yea i was telling my dad what i was doing and he was worried about it cracking... then he saw all the welding i did and that piece of square stock in the middle turn sideways so i could mount the shock mount on the 2 side instead of one side of the square stock.

I might have to try this out. I'm trying to do an MX build as cheap as possible and $25 in materials would be much better than a new $200 extended swingarm.

its raining so i didn't feel like riding so i was like ill do it another day...but i decided i wanted to know what it was like... so i put ill all back together.. its amazing i cant even get the front wheel off the ground in first. with my old swing arm it would come up 1-2-3. the only thing that felt weird was when i turned on pavement hard the inside rear wheel came off the ground, i think just b.c its so much longer now.. no biggy i do all my riding on the dirt.

coreyownz i made the shock mount 12" from the front of the swing arm.its about the same distance as the stock shock mount location. the bike is about the same ride height just longer.. if i wanted it to be a little higher i could have moved the mount a little further up

stinkinlincolnw/blaster its funny that your still up this late..btw i have a lot of steel left over so you will only need like $9 in steel. and we can use my stock swing arm i have in my garage.. its only like 4-5 hours of continent welding.my eyes started to hurt by the end of the day.