Jetting problem

Matty966

Dec 25, 2016
Hi I’ve got a stock motor with a tommey b1 pipe, air box lid off, stock pilot and clip in the middle and I cannot get the jetting right, first I tried the 310 they recommend and on plug chop that was lean I have now worked my way up to a 370 and it is still on the lean side I have leak tested and it held 6psi for 10 mins with no leaks I have also checked the exhaust for leaks and found none also the air filter is all sealed well, the quad rides perfect with no issues just don’t want to do any damage by running lean, anybody have any suggestions? will be much appreciated thanks

:eek: 370?? You have a serious problem somewhere !! I.E. massive air leak. DO NOT ride it until you find the leak !! You need to perform a leak down test.

:eek: 370?? You have a serious problem somewhere !! I.E. massive air leak. DO NOT ride it until you find the leak !! You need to perform a leak down test.
I’ve done 2 leak tests and the same results on both not a slight leak any where held 6psi for 10 mins

6psi for 10 minutes works for me
you sure you're holding it wide open for long enough to color the plug correctly during the plug chops ?
a 370 main should fall on it's face with a very rich bog.
is the oil injection disconnected ? oil injection fitting on carb blocked off with an 1/8" vacuum cap ?
any other open ports on the carb ?
intake boot cracked ?

I’ve done 2 leak tests and the same results on both not a slight leak any where held 6psi for 10 mins
you sure you're holding it wide open for long enough to color the plug correctly during the plug chops ?
is the oil injection disconnected ? oil injection fitting on carb blocked off with an 1/8" vacuum cap ?
intake boot cracked ?
hi thanks for your reply, I’m holding it for about 10 seconds with the brakes slightly applied so the motor is working hard, there is no sort of bog at all, the oil injection has been deleted by the previous owner and a tube blocked with silicone has been placed over the nipple and as far as I know there are no more open ports on the carb. I am going to take it apart today and double check everything

intake boot cracked ?
I have leak tested again today and it held 6 psi for half an hour with not the slightest leak .I have also put a new o ring on the choke to ensure that wasn’t leaking and made sure the injection nipple is sealed well and the air filter boot is good with no cracks. The exhaust system isn’t leaking any where I replace the flange oring to be on the safe side. Oh and also I checked the float height and that is within specs.
If you have any more suggestions that would be a great help as I am all out of ideas

Also usually a plug chop is done 1-5th, maybe 6th, riding the brake only if short on room/distance. The object is to make the engine pull as hard as possible.

Yeah I don’t have that long of a run but I can hold 5th for about 8 seconds with brake applied