Jetting - let the bashing begin.

burndout

Jan 23, 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I have no idea where to start with jetting, I have poured over all the jetting threads and still dont know where I need to start. Issue is that this is a fresh motor and un-jetted carb, how do I jet AND break in at the same time without screwing something up?

Vito's 240 BBK with Rechambered Head
35mm PWK
LRD Head Pipe
Toomey B1 Silencer
Vitos Dual Stage Reeds with spacer for clutch arm
CFM Air box with Uni 2 Stage
Porting is unknown, I know its ported but don't know how, it came in a box CHEAP8-|

Lets start bashing me to re-read the jetting threads, I get how to adjust and jet ONCE you get a base line - I just dont know what that base line should be, don't I have to let it idle and fully warm up to break in? HELP!:-/

i would say try a 50 pilot and a 155 main. if it starts and idles you cn go higher. i would say try the 50 and if it isnt too rich go up a size each heat cycle untill its too rich.

48 pilot and 160-165 main would probobly be closer depending on elevation. your just going to have to jet as you go man. as long as you dont do a bunch of wot runs before you get it broke in you will be fine. let it idle and warm up and cool down a couple of times and then retourq your jug and head bolts. then do a wot pull and see how it feels, check the plug and jet accordingly. dont go wot for long periods of time untill you have run through a tank or so of fuel.

A tank of fuel?! Thats a lot just putting around!
I'm in north east Oklahoma, I'll have to look up the elevation.

So I think I'll be starting with the 48 pilot and 160 main. Take it up to operating temp at idle and cool, do a plug chop and jet accordingly. Then cycle again and repeat.

Once the break in is done (5 cycles) how long should I wait before WOT runs? Nothing for long periods, just to check the plug?

Also, what should I be looking for if something is BAD wrong? I know idleing shouldnt hurt much but if I am happy with the plug (nice solid tan) and it is revving nice and cruising around should I continuously temp the jug to ensure she isnt getting hot? - Sorry for all the questions, first time I've ever had to jet on a 2 stroke. Thanks in advance, I would have an expensive paper weight without you guys!

the pilots in the 35mm are picky 48 will probably be way to rich. im down to a 38 now and finally she likes where shes at. im with them on the main though 160 to make sure its getting enough fuel when hitting higher rpm but you could probably do a little less on the pilot i wouldnt drop below a 42 though