jetting issue

Blasterfan9182

Mar 20, 2019
I have a 2004 Blaster that I recently put a new weisco top end in. Its just not running right. No power, does not hit the powerband, its like i push the throttle past about 1/2 way and it just bogs down. Its kind of poppy too. Seems like the jetting is off. I have a 360 main jet. Not sure on the pilot, I just set it to what the jet kit said (dynojet). New coil, plug, wire, reeds, carb rebuild, just about everything top end wise. Running with no airbox lid. 32:1 mix. I also added 3 more teeth to rear sprocket. It should rip but need to get the jetting right. Any help would be appreciated!

not a typo. i had an auto mechanic friend of mine do it. Obviously he wont be working on it again, lol. I was just getting no response from the throttle whatsoever. I just changed it to a 230 though and same thing. Is the issue the pilot needle setting? I'm not sure where thats at because he said he just set it to where the jet kit told him to, which is in the middle i think. I am in dallas, so elevation is about 780 ft. Temperature is 80-90 right about now. i have a DG exhaust pipe, not sure of the header, may be stock. idk

Let's clarify things. DG silencer/muffler? Stock expansion chamber (head pipe/header) ?
Pilot controls starting- 1/4 throttle, needle 1/4-3/4. Does it bog at full throttle? Can you even ride it? Almost sounds like a TORS problem.
Search for the 03-06 DIY TORS removal

All correct. Boys at full throttle. TORS is deleted already. I can ride it it just has like 1/4 power it should. Carb has been gone through too. It’s clean and rebuilt. Idk

Pull the exhaust and check for a mouse house in the pipe. Do you have good blue spark or lazy yellow? Good plug? Clean air filter? Float level correct?

Larry may be onto something with Float level. You may just be running out of gas over 1/4 throttle.