jet question

GrungeGod494

Jul 20, 2010
Portage,PA
Tomorrow..well later today, I'm cleaning my carburetor out. I've read the DIY but I don't understand a few things. I'm only cleaning my main jet since I think that's causing my problems, and I want to know how do I get the jet out once I remove the float and needle valve? I've looked in the manual but I don't understand it. Could someone help I've never taken my carb apart before.

It's really simple. You don't need to take out the float and needle valve. The main jet is just a little hex nut looking thing with a hole in it inside of the bowl. I think I use an 8mm socket to remove it.

It's really simple. You don't need to take out the float and needle valve. The main jet is just a little hex nut looking thing with a hole in it inside of the bowl. I think I use an 8mm socket to remove it.

Hows it go back in excatly? I'm still retarded when it comes to carburetors

Haha suit yourself. It's really not hard to do. You'll see when you are finished.

I'm thankful for the pages, dont get me wrong. I'm just doubtful in my ability. Another question, when they say spray with carb cleaner and just end the sentence, do they mean wipe the cleaner out, or spray it out with compressed air, or just let it evaporated?

so im guessing my valvuable time to go take pictures wasnt needed lol

You could still put them up. Ive never taken a carb apart so, id appreciate it greatly. But I plan on only taking the main jet out, cleaning it, and seeing if that improves everything, if it doesn't I'll tackle the other jets.

first picture is of the carb together. next one is of the bowl off u can see the main jet in the middle. 3rd is of the main jet out spray that with carb cleaner also for it could be cloged. last is of the main jet and i cant for the life of me remeber what that plastic piece is called lol but good luck hope this helps here ar the pictures
001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-3.jpg