Is Yamaha blaster a good trail ATV?

I agree , very light and nimble. With some small mods it easily keeps up if not passes 400s. The only negative its no reverse but there so light you can just pull it back or better yet think ahead and not need it. ;)

The best in my opinion. There smaller and a lot lighter. I don't want to ride something on the trails that will make my nuts fall on the ground trying to pick it up if it gets stuck.

Depends on what kind of trails IMO.

One I got done with my smalls mods and work, I took it to a 19mi trail close by in the national forest. Lots of 'humps' (ALOT) but otherwise very smooth. It was great there, I was jumping most of the humps, and I have never ridden a sport quad. It was awesome and I'll be going back with it.

On the other hand, I took it to another place (pictures showed smooth trails) and they were rutteed and muddy. Much rather would have taken my sportsman or rincon.

Just gotta know what trails your heading too!

Taking my blaster and sportsman to Hatfield McCoy in 2 weeks. Gonna run the sportsman first day, and see if there are any areas the blaster can excel at :)

i love my blaster trail riding i was riding today by my house and my buddie hit the first mud hole he seen and laied over his xr 200 and i got stuck too right after he did and mine got unstuck alot faster than his because mine is lighter and is faster too

I took mine down the trail up in Babbitt for the first time last weekend. Going up again next weekend, and plan on going to the OHV park in Gilbert as well. I found the Blaster was a little under powered in the fast flat tight parts of the trail. Areas where we could ride fast but there were some big hills and sharp turns it seemed to struggle going up the hills.

Where the trail had standing water I really had to go slow and ride off to the side. The low ground clearance, and the small fenders made me watch for some rocks that were underwater and anything over 5 mph and I would be getting soaked.

With the low ground clearance, there were a few spots that the other atvs had grooves so deep that I was getting hung up on and couldn't even ride where I was supposed to.

Where I really like mine is on the wide flat and smooth trails. In the pit by our place up north is where I really have fun. Just throwing it around and flying down the forest roads is a "blast." Getting to the pit is a bumpy ride though. Riding along the side of the road at 30 the small bumps and cracks on the road are magnified. Every crack you can feel and it almost feels the front is bouncing off the ground it's so rough, but I also have the suspension set up very aggressive so if I hit something hard, hopefully it'll reduce the risk of bending something.

Top speed is also fun. It beat two Sportsman 400s, a Magnum 325, and a Honda 4x4 500 on top end. According to my gps it'll do 57 without holding it wide open too long.

I never have to worry about it not starting. Turn the key on, pull the choke, usually in one or two kicks and it's running. A few seconds later shut off the choke and it's running. When it's warm, one kick, like it should be. And something that's not real important but I always pay attention to is the headlight, it's a bright little light.

There's my review.

I take mine through the woods on trails, and on open trails. I have a "Blaster" on both.

Ok that was too cheesy