Is this shifting shaft broke?

Nightmare710

Apr 21, 2020
lockport ny
I'm not sure if this is normal but this shaft looks pretty broken lo . Thoughts?

Attachments

• rsz_20200422_195923.jpg
    rsz_20200422_195923.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 117
That's the shift drum.It's a cast piece. They are not perfect. If i am looking at the right piece in tour picture. Is bearing surface good? Closer pic difrent angles

Its just the casting. All the ones I've seen are similar. Those are some nice pink zip ties you got there:rolleyes:. Why did you split the cases? Ussualy on these motors they are split from the other side. I've done it both ways. You have a crank puller/installer?to get cases back together?

Awesome thanks dude. Yeah you like those? Lol thought they were pretty manly myself ;) lol honestly my brother bought a blaster that was pretty bad. Sold the frame and kept the engine. I have a spare frame so turned it into a project. Split the case because I knew all oil seals were bad but then I found the left side case was cracke . Just got a replacement left case, new crank,bearings, all the seals. Tons of randoms. Now just hoping I remember how to put it back together. Having doubts lol

Where do you recommend getting one for someone decent price? Already have spent 1k in a week on this thing. Kinda went over budget by far already lol
I use a tusk one from rockymountainatvmc
Works great. I'm sure there are others also. Maybe look at pics of one. And make one? I'm a tool junkie so i buy the right tools most of the time. The rest i make if need be

Reactions: Nightmare710
I use a tusk one from rockymountainatvmc
Works great. I'm sure there are others also. Maybe look at pics of one. And make one? I'm a tool junkie so i buy the right tools most of the time. The rest i make if need be
Alright I'll look into that. Thanks for your inpu . And I'm the same way lol harbor freight loves me for random tools

Reactions: Slydog