Is this ok?

Discussion in 'Covers' started by BlasterPat, Jan 11, 2016.

1. BlasterPat

BlasterPat Member

Machine operator
    Hi guys I need to know if this is normal or not right where that little bottom peice comes off the end of the Kickstart there is a square cut out hole in the cover is this ok is not the clutch cover but the smaller one that connects right next to it on the top. I noticed it and was worried if it's supposed to be there?

Attached Files:

2. Awk08

Awk08 Administrator Staff Member Technician

Electrician/Contractor
    although I can't see what you're talking about in the pic, your description sounds like where the oil injection lines came out of the oil pump cover, assuming you premix your fuel/oil ?
    and the oil tank is gone ?
    check the injection nipple on the carb is blocked off too...
    [​IMG]

pull the oil pump cover off and fashion/modify a piece of rubber to slide down over the edges and use rtv to seal it and hold it in, or glue a patch over the hole from the inside.
    there's nothing in there to hurt, and it's not open to inside the engine, but would be nice to keep it from filling with dirt/debris.

might want to do a real oil pump blockoff if the pump is still in there ?
    http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-install-oil-injection-block-off-kit.681/

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-remove-oil-injection-without-a-block-off-kit.3272/

3. BlasterPat

BlasterPat Member

Machine operator
    Yep that's exactly what it was took it off and was blocked off than for clearing ill thoughts highly appreciated...