Is my case beyond repair?

Swiftk

Apr 26, 2019
So I split my case last week to replace the crank after seeing that my connecting rod was broken and saw something I didn’t want to see. After cleaning and inspecting the case halves, I realized there is a small crack in the case where the crank sits as well as some deeper gouges. To buy new case halves would be more than I paid for the Blaster, but to put in the new bottom and top end I just bought would be $300 and that could be wasted if a small piece of the case breaks off and ends up damaging the new crank. Is there anyway to fix the damage or other ideas?

Attaching some pictures that will help show the damage.

Attachments

• 27D75458-DB2F-4BB9-9826-F49F3D4136FB.jpeg
    27D75458-DB2F-4BB9-9826-F49F3D4136FB.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 2CCBAFC2-3D67-4A58-8BB8-A72FE5D05D9C.jpeg
    2CCBAFC2-3D67-4A58-8BB8-A72FE5D05D9C.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 146
You can probably have that welded. And smooth the sharp edges on the bottom part. Just make sure matting surfaces. On case halves are flat or you have an air or oil leak.
Are you using a Chinese top end? Bottom end? You have new crank seals?

You can probably have that welded. And smooth the sharp edges on the bottom part. Just make sure matting surfaces. On case halves are flat or you have an air or oil leak.
Are you using a Chinese top end? Bottom end? You have new crank seals?
No Chinese crap here, replacing with all Wiseco parts! I will call around and see if someone can tig weld this for me in Colorado, unless you think QuickSteel or JB would do the trick. I think I can probably rub out the rough groves by hand.

Thanks Slydog!

No Chinese crap here, replacing with all Wiseco parts! I will call around and see if someone can tig weld this for me in Colorado, unless you think QuickSteel or JB would do the trick. I think I can probably rub out the rough groves by hand.

Thanks Slydog!
I vote tig.
And yes on the bottom by hand just remove high spots to smooth it some.
And you should be fine
Oil crank bearings and big and small emd bearings with 2t oil

The person repairing the case can probably
Make sure your straight and ready to go?
If not like larry said