Is a powercore 2 spark arrested?

00blaster200

Dec 11, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Is the fmf powercore 2 exhaust system spark arrested? I need my exhaust to be spark arrested to ride in state parks. What other aftermarket exhaust is spark arrestedif the powercore2 isn't?

Last edited:
I am pretty sure that it is not. You may be able to buy a spark arrestor end cap for it from FMF. I believe FMF also makes a Spark Arrested silencer and ProCircuit does also.

powercore isnt. turbinecore is. im not sure if there is any endcap that will do it. if i need a spark arrestor i will just put the stock muffler on for that specific ride

I believe that is for a 4 stroke silencer. Best bet is to check FMFs website or email their tech support to find out what your options for keeping your current silencer. Also most places that require spark arrestors also require that it is stamped or labeled on the silencer too.

Last edited by a moderator:
just make ur own spark arrestor with some steel mesh..i have to do that with my power core to be able to ride california. its easy to do and better than spending money on a new silencer. all the rangers do to check if you have one is they stick an arrow shaft in to ur silencer and if it stops them from going the length of the silencer you are free to go and pass..they really dont care if its USFS cert. they just care you have something haha

just make ur own spark arrestor with some steel mesh..i have to do that with my power core to be able to ride california. its easy to do and better than spending money on a new silencer. all the rangers do to check if you have one is they stick an arrow shaft in to ur silencer and if it stops them from going the length of the silencer you are free to go and pass..they really dont care if its USFS cert. they just care you have something haha

^^^What would be the easiest way to make one? do you have any pics of yours?

00blaster200 I would suggest you check you local regulations before doing this. I was turned away after a 2 hour drive to a state riding area by a ranger once. He said if it did not have a USFS stamped Spark Arrestor he would not let me ride. Maybe he was just being a dick but if the law says you have to have it he can turn you away. I dont know how far you have to go to ride but its a bummer making a 4 hour drive for nothing...

Most TurbineCore's I see for sale used are for motorcylces. Does anyone know if you could swap the scilencer can from the TurbineCore over to a PowerCoreII?