iowa great lakes, winter games anyone?

2stroke4ever

Aug 26, 2009
Okoboji Iowa
www.oakhillmarina.com
anyone on this forum go to the winter games at the iowa great lakes (okoboji)? it's always the last weekend in january and there are thousands of people that come, everything from snomo radar runs, quad ice race, bar events, and tons of games out on the ice. everyone looks at my blaster like "huh why does that 4 stroke sound so funny" seriously there are very few two strokes left up this way and i'm lookin to see if someone wants to ride that weekend let me know

wintergames is coming up again, i haven't checked this post in a loooong time, if any one is down to ride it's jan 29th and 30th this year, not sure if the quad ice races are on or not cause they didn't have them last year but it's a damn good beer drinkin time either way and people look at 2 strokes like wtf?!?!?! it's great, drop me a line if anyone's in this year

if i have the days off, i might be able to head up and partake, but probably only if there's ice racing

i would love to go but the banshee wont be done by then and the blasty just is not a big fan of cold weather

Type: OHV/ATV Ice Challenge
Start Time: 01/24/11 11:30 AM Local Time
Registration Fees and Dates:
Not available at this time.

Online Registration Closes: 01/23/11 11:30 AM CST
Age Groups: (M: 18+) (F: 18+)

http://www.allsportcentral.com/eventInfo.cfm?eventID=24581

that's all i know for now, why thier having it on a monday is beyond me but if anyone wants to go even just to watch i'm down, i live about 3 min away from the location on a different lake in the same chain so if you wanna park a trailer or truck or whatever we could figure something out, let me know if you wanna go, oh there's info on the snowmobile radar runs on the same web site if anyone's interested in that, it's a good time, tons of people and about a dozen bars to choose from all with live music the whole weekend, make accomodations soon if your gonna do it, lodging in spirit lake is prolly cheapest and is only about 5 miles from the action anyone wants more info just ask