insulating glass block windows...?

Mborso1029

Oct 2, 2009
SouthEast MI
i have a fully fininshed basement that we like to hang out in, in the winter. there is also a bedroom down there...well i have it nice and sealed tight everywhere except for the glass block windows...they are newer, the Previous owner had them installed....and they are the only source of cool air. you put your hand up near them, and can just feel the cold rushing in...they both have the little vent windows that flip open from the inside. the weather stripping is like brand new and they are locked tight but still leak air. does anyone have any tricks to winterproofing these things? im thinking of just buying one of the plastic kits...and taping it up there. but the only thing im wondering about is because they are fully boxed in with drywall, they have no mouldings or anything to tape the plastic too....so would i just tape to the outer edge of the glass block?

ip72g1.jpg

thats what we did at my parents old place so my dad an i could hang out an play pool an darts an get totaly wasted an then he would start telln me sex stories about him an my mom. lol

bahahaha thats messed up man^^
other wise, wheres it leakin cold air between the blocks or what?
on the outside what does it look like?
if it was installed correctly and fairly new it shouldnt leak air like that.

ya....the dude that lived here before, THOUGHT he could do it all....drywall, windows, wood floor, building kitchen cabinets and i have been slowing going through and redoing everything right and how i want it, but its so cold out the basment windows will not get done till next year. the one with the little window vent is the worse...i believe thats where im getting most of the cold air from, it has a weather stirpping but i dont think its thick enough for 15 degree days, they look to be no older than MAYBE 5 years old. i dont think they are internally insulated though, because when you touch them, they are freezing cold. im gonna put my infaraed theremoter up there in a sec